Energy support payment

Level 92
    @Chloe86

Note sure I'd count myself as 'knowledgeable', but happy to make the tea and plump up the cushions while we're trying to find you the answers you are looking for
    @JoeSoap is right. Just remember to breathe, and hang in there.

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/he...hat-is-my-mpan is the electric meter checker, BTW, if you live in London, South East or the East of the country.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 29-10-22 at 15:16.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    @Chloe86
    So your statement shows consumptions for both electricity and gas, and shows all your top up amounts for each?
    Do you have the app and/or are you registered for accessing your account online? Or do you just get monthly statements in the post?

I'm going to tag @DebF_EONNext and @Beki_EONNext in this thread so they can get in on the action if need be, but my gut feeling is there has been some kind of glitch with the electricity account somewhere. If they say you have your gas, but not the electric from them, then there is some break in the chain somewhere. The MPAN and MPRN numbers for your meters MUST be on file somewhere.

Again, I really do sympathise. My significant other is elderly and disabled, and we rely to a great extent on grants and benefits to get by and when things don't go to plan... Well, I really do know exactly what you mean by stress.

We are really trying to help. Just bear with us and we will do what we can to try and help you sort out this mess for you.

Thanks for tag @retrotecchie I’m not in work at the moment and Beki is off today so you guys are flying solo for a bit, I will be back in later this evening however so I will have a look for you @Chloe86 when I log on, I think though that it may have been me that you spoke with already as this sounds familiar.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳
    Level 92
    Thanks for tag @retrotecchie I’m not in work at the moment and Beki is off today so you guys are flying solo for a bit, I will be back in later this evening however so I will have a look for you @Chloe86 when I log on, I think though that it may have been me that you spoke with already as this sounds familiar.

Oh sorry. It's Saturday, innit?! Obviously normal people to have the odd day or weekend off. I hadn't intended to drag you out of bed, away from dog walking, domestic bliss or family/shopping or 'quality time' or a cheeky glass of whatever on your day off. My bad.

We need a way of just sticking a virtual Post-It note on your desk or coffee cup for when you get back in, rather than actually intruding on your down time!

Obviously, the abnormal types like me (semi-retired, working from home irregular hours or days) are often floating around in dark corners at all hours of the day and night and are happy to hold the fort until the cavalry can arrive.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 29-10-22 at 16:31.
    Community Team
    Oh sorry. It's Saturday, innit?! Obviously normal people to have the odd day or weekend off. I hadn't intended to drag you out of bed, away from dog walking, domestic bliss or family/shopping or 'quality time' or a cheeky glass of whatever on your day off. My bad.

We need a way of just sticking a virtual Post-It note on your desk or coffee cup for when you get back in, rather than actually intruding on your down time!

Obviously, the abnormal types like me (semi-retired, working from home irregular hours or days) are often floating around in dark corners at all hours of the day and night and are happy to hold the fort until the cavalry can arrive.
    @retrotecchie don't be a pickle I don't mind you tagging me that's why I am here 😊

I was in fact taking my Ol' Grandpappy shopping 🛒 the man will be 90 in April yet shows no signs of slowing down, he had me chasing after him as he whizzed round the shop like Usain Bolt, leaving the walking stick in his wake (because apparently they are for the elderly and he is still in his prime 🙃) but using the shopping trolley to keep him upright!

As you can imagine the community has been a very welcome distraction for me today, so you tag away!!
    Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

Wow. Good on him. My old Granny Retro (or should that be Retro Granny) was 97 when we lost her in 2000. Bless her. It was only a couple of years earlier, I'd flown out to New Zealand with her to visit family. We had a couple of British Scareways 'round the world' tickets, so the flight each way was four legs with three stops.

She wasn't the sprightliest old lady in the world, but she'd be in and out of the plane and assorted Duty Free shops like a good 'un...gave me a run for my money when it came to getting a cup of coffee in the airport lounge, and I was still a 'spring chicken' back then. I no longer have my Granny, or my youth, but I'll never forget the memories. Absolutely golden!👵
    Community Team
    @retrotecchie absolutely cherished memories! My Grandad's brother passed when he was 96/97 too, he went to China for his jolly's the year before he passed and was a fond lover of a few (plus a few more) wee drams in the pub right up until his last few days. I can only hope I have their genes 😆
    Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

And my parents, both in their late 70s, have just this last Tuesday gone back out to NZ for five weeks. I go to the shops and back, and that's me finished 🤣
    @Chloe86 You have got some amazing support from the other members here.
    I just wondered if this has been looked into for you?

@retrotecchie & @DebF_EONNext - it's such a wonderful connection and memories to have. I miss my grandparents dearly. My Nan recently passed at the grand age of 94 and she was still asking the doctor if she could have 'just drop of whiskey'! She was Irish so it was always Jamesons! 🍀
    Level 92
    @Beki_EONNext @DebF_EONNext

The human side of the community makes all the difference. Even if someone is still waiting for an answer to an issue, it's always nicer to have a bit of interaction and support in the interim, rather than just be sat there wondering if there's actually anyone out there.

If we can help @Chloe86 with her issues, even better.
    Level 91
    @Beki_EONNext

I don’t think Chloe has had a response explaining where the vouchers for her electricity supply are. according to customers services her electricity is not supplied by E.On Next, although she maintains the opposite. It seems a relatively easy matter to resolve from the outside.