Clearer comms needed on DD payment holidays & SVT details

Level 8
    @Beki_EONNext

but no guarantee?

Guinea pig I am - I haven't said yes yet - I really want to speak to someone on the phone about it but ...
    Level 8
    @meldrewreborn If @Lampshade, does change over to a variable DD version then all is well and it will just need to be a tech suggestion to edit the wording, however if it does indeed go on to the the receipt of bill version then of course, the team will also need to investigate why it's happening.

@JoeSoap - thank you, I do try my hardest 😊
    @Beki_EONNext

Just looking at this again - So variable DD version would be set at the same lower rate as Fixed DD? What would happen if it does, indeed go onto Payment on receipt of bill version? How would I get redress?
    Level 8
    Hi Beki thanks for getting in touch! So do you mean you would switch me to the DD option remotely? I ask because I can't switch to that myself as I haven' been offered that option, only the Payment on receipt of bills option (and I only know that from clicking through to look at the Full Tariff Info section. Tell you what, I'm going to look at all the replies I've had this evening then get back to you again in a few minutes. Thanks

So just to clarify again @Beki_EONNext - are you asking me if you can switch me remotely to the DD option? Obviously I can't do that myself (so it would seem from the Full Tariff Info) ...

And are you referring to a variable DD? And does the variable DD mean have the same rates as Fixed DD?

And, as I wrote in reply to one of the posts in this thread (thank you people!), if it does unfortunately still go over to Payment on receipt of bill, how will I get redress if I need it and how long would that take?

Let's hope we can get this sorted tomorrow and I can start to relax! Ooooof! Thanks in anticipation :)
    @Lampshade I think that it might be easier to discuss on the phone, so we can understand what you need and what the options are for you. I'm going to PM you some more details.
    Level 8
    @Lampshade I think that it might be easier to discuss on the phone, so we can understand what you need and what the options are for you. I'm going to PM you some more details.
    @Beki_EONNext - thanks and see my DM reply to yours. Just to confirm again before we speak, the the total estimated annual figure shown on the main body of my renewal email sounds correct and at the correct standing charge and unit rates for DD customers with the EPG/EBSS factored in. So far so good,

When I clicked through to select the new tariff, the figures were far higher ... yep I realise (although I didn't at first) that whilst they seem to be adjusted for EPG on the main email, they are NOT adjusted on the Select tariff page. Don't know why.

Then, on clicking through further to examine the Full Tariff Info details, I see that the payment method listed for my new SV tariff will be Payment on receipt of bill and not direct debit ... I couldn't understand since I have not cancelled my direct debit.

I eventually found the paragraphs on the website about possible DD payment holidays but nothing to reassure me that my actual standing charge and unit rates would not be adversely affected by this DD payment holiday. There was no way of seeing what I was actually going to be charged - knowing whether it would be the same as on the main body of my renwal email at DD rates or something higher at payment on receipt of bill rates.

It was all as clear as mud and totally baffling and anxiety inducing - I am hoping that with your call today we can finally sort this out. Thank you and I wait to hear from you. Thanks!
    Level 8

@Beki_EONNext - Thanks I received your PM this morning - and have replied - albeit unfortunately a couple of hours after your message. Haven't heard from you yet - I'm in today but have to be out and about much of tomorrow - hoping you'll still get in touch with me today. Thanks!