Eon next not upholding conversation on chat when they receive uncomfortable request

Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext @Bennie_EONNext
    I was contacted 10 days ago with costumer service to uphold my complaint related to lost connection my app over two months not showing gas usage and balance because gas smart meter lost connection and your helpless company was trying to close my complaint as buissnes decision because your costumers service blaiming DCC and don't care gas meter lost communication. I am contacting with your costumers service again 13 October to not agree to close complaint and escalate it. Today after 10 days someone from costumer service starter chat on WhatsApp and after find out i am contacting to uphold complaint and asked again to provide detailed statement what is covered in my standing charges after i provide again my details conversation was stopped. "Very professional costumers service" nothing more to say😡😂
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Martintel; 23-10-22 at 19:28.
  • 17 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Martintel. We answered this previously - eon next are applying the standing charges to the limits allowed by OFGEM. We referred you to the OFGEM website where the constituent elements are detailed.

Of course you must realise that there are 14 regions for electricity in the UK, and the computation of those charges will reflect many different elements in the regions which will differ from region to region.
    Last edited by Beki; 24-10-22 at 12:12. Reason: Community Values
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn i not asking about limit i requesting from eon.next how is spent my money and requesting from them information do in standing charges is hidden cost for installation and maintenance smart meters.
    Level 43
    @meldrewreborn i not asking about limit i requesting from eon.next how is spent my money and requesting from them information do in standing charges is hidden cost for installation and maintenance smart meters.

The standing charges are more down to OFGEM, they set the limits as to what can be charged. Like it or not we all have to pay standing charges, getting an explanation on what it's spent on isn't going to make any difference @Martintel.
    Level 91
    @Martintel

These are the figures for the latest price cap- although the total has been evertaken by the governments EPG reduction. however that reduction was only for unit prices and not standing charges so these are OK to use.

Period 9a
    DD Uplift 22
    Smart 19
    Policy 152
    Headroom 43
    Operating 258
    Networks SOLR 63
    Networks non SOLR 311
    Adjustment 46
    CfD -23
    Wholesale 2491
    Total Ex VAT 3382
    VAT 169
    Total (all) 3549

The totals are affected by rounding. The total for standing charges for DD customers for dual fuel is circa £260 (ex VAT), so £260 from these figures makes up the standing charge. Quite which ones go where is arguable, but it appears the average customer is paying £21 per annum for smart metering at present.
    Level 92
    @Martintel

... but it appears the average customer is paying £21 per annum for smart metering at present.

And no opt-out for customers who either don't have, don't want or don't believe in smart meters.
    Hi @Martintel, I totally understand why you believe that we haven't delivered good customer service. Unfortunately what you are asking can be really tricky. First of all, I would like to demystify the myth behind the standing charges. They are on the base or network & maintenance of the supply. There are no hidden costs around smart meter installations as if you are eligible we install them for free.

We don't have a specific breakdown of the standing charges, but they are within the price of OFGEM. I have found this little video that can be very helpful to understand standing charges a little better. In the mean time, I will feedback your question and see if there is any sort of generic breakdown we might have around standing charges.
    Level 1
    @Martintel

These are the figures for the latest price cap- although the total has been evertaken by the governments EPG reduction. however that reduction was only for unit prices and not standing charges so these are OK to use.

Period 9a
    DD Uplift 22
    Smart 19
    Policy 152
    Headroom 43
    Operating 258
    Networks SOLR 63
    Networks non SOLR 311
    Adjustment 46
    CfD -23
    Wholesale 2491
    Total Ex VAT 3382
    VAT 169
    Total (all) 3549

The totals are affected by rounding. The total for standing charges for DD customers for dual fuel is circa £260 (ex VAT), so £260 from these figures makes up the standing charge. Quite which ones go where is arguable, but it appears the average customer is paying £21 per annum for smart metering at present.

That's means costumers service advisers was laying on eon next WhatsApp and during phone conversation because they was told me Smart meters and IHD is free gift from company. It's how they threatening costumers.
    Last edited by Martintel; 24-10-22 at 17:39.
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext thanks for reply for part of my issues. But still dont have response on WhatsApp or email related to my issues with lost communication by gas smart meter, i still don't receive response what steps made your company to pressure DCC to restore communication and my request for reopen complaint in this matter. Another think is question who is laying at this moment because you told smart meter is free but meldrewreborn was write down it's cost about 21 quid per year per costumer.
    Last edited by Martintel; 24-10-22 at 17:43.
    Level 91
    @Martintel

You pay for smart metering in your bills whether you have one or not. Therefore, their proposition is not too far from the truth - at the point of installation they are free - nothing extra to pay for having one, and nothing back if you don't.

If you think that any energy supplier can put pressure on DCC to solve a fault then I wish you luck. They (DCC) are more secretive than GCHQ and even less accountable - in my opinion.