Direct Debit Clarification Needed

Level 2
    Hi
    I am running out of ways of trying to get you to justify increasing my Direct Debit payment.

I have tried to speak to customer services to no avail and am fed up of sending emails to your hi@eonnext email address without a reply.....Very Frustrating!!!

I have received my energy projections for the year from October 2022. I currently pay £320 per month, and you have shown this to rise to £334 starting with the October 28th payment. You say that I am going to use 5168.5 Kwh for Electricity at the capped price of 33.7p inc VAT = £1741.78 and 26766 Kwh for Gas at the capped price of 10.33p Inc. VAT = £2764.94 for the year = £4506.72 plus the cumulative standing charges of 77.63p inc. VAT per day x 365 = £283.35 giving a total of £4790.07 for the year.
    I am currently £1047 in credit. This gives a total for the year to around £3743 minus the £400 Energy Bill Support, leaving a balance of £3343, which when divided by 12 monthly payment equates to around £280 and not £334.

So how have you arrived at this figure? You swift answer is required

Please advise.... urgently!!!

Kind Regards

Neil
  • 7 Replies

Level 91
    @NeilBlytheBridge

This is a customer to customer forum and although Eon Next Community staff do comment from time to time, it’s probably through customer service that you’re going to get this resolved.

As you can imagine they are overwhelmed at present so a response to an email can take many days. Phoning when they open at 9am on weekdays has had good results for some.

You can normally reduce your DD by up to 10% in your online account and although this isn’t as big a reduction as you would like, it’s immediate and in your control.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 43
    Hi @NeilBlytheBridge

I think you need to ignore the £400 EBSS, so £3743 / 12 = £312 per month. Your DD is then automatically reduced over 6 months, by doing it your way you're effectively taking it off twice.

So now it would be £312 versus £334, you can therefore drop it down yourself as @JoeSoap has suggest because you're in the 10% range.
    Level 91
    @NeilBlytheBridge

Joe and Andy are correct.

you are not alone in wanting to reduce you energy costs. Only relatively minor changes in pricing will be likely in next 2 years so cutting consumption will be the only way to reduce bills. Your consumption of both fuels is much higher than average - is it possible to reduce it?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 2
    Thanks for the responses, they are actually saying that they want £402 ppm which is around the £4800 figure and not taking into account the £1047 credit balance and are themselves taking off the £66/£67 ppm and this is where they are getting the £334 ppm figure. Whichever way they have worked it out would be nice to know and because they are actually asking for £402 ppm taking off 10% (which I have tried) only allows me to get to just over £360 ppm and makes it worse. Just someone from Eon Next explaining or sorting it out would be great.
    Level 91
    @NeilBlytheBridge
    It might be better to get your credit balance returned then start your DD afresh. At least then you’ll feel better because you will not be providing an interest free loan to them.
    Level 2
    Update: just had an email from Jen (Team Leader) in the Luna Team and she has agreed with my figure of £280 per month rather than the £402 minus the £66 Energy Rebate which gave them the £334 figure. This is because they do not take into account any credit on your account even though I have spent all summer building this up. I know I use quite a bit more energy than similar properties but due to my medical condition this is 'where I am' and isn't the fault of Eon Next. I know I will keep my eye on what I am using and where I am financially with it. So, thank you Jen, I appreciate your help and look forward to my Direct Debit being reduced from the end of the month.