Not working gas smart meter and closed complaint

Level 1
    I was put complaint to E.ON Next that's my gas smart meter stopped working and don't sending data. I requested to compensate for time when i unable to have accurate cost and usage on IHD because service provide by them at this moment isn't full working.Today they closed it as a business decision. I don't agree and request to uphold and escalate to manager what denied. They response was " I'm sorry you don't agree to close this but it will need to be closed as a business decision. As i've explained it's something completely beyond EON Next's control and can't be resolved by us only the DCC which is a 3rd party Marcin. We've had it confirmed now that the issue with your smart meter and in home display lies with the DCC (Data Communications Company) and we would need to close your complaint as what we call a "business decision" as it is something we as a company can't do anything further about until the DCC put in place the bulk fix that will sort out issues like this.
    A manager will only be able to tell you the same thing and we deal with our own complaints.
    Apologies but if i could do anything else for you Marcin to resolve this i would 🙁"

As well when i asked them to sent someone to take gas readings until they not resolve they issue with DCC they refuse.
    "Unfortunately if you're unwilling to send us a manual gas read until the DCC put in place the bulk fix Marcin then we will have no option but to estimate your gas as you've sent us readings in the past so we know you can send us these yourself manually. I will keep your complaint closed and we're not ripping anyone off and a few colleagues have advised you of this previously and explained why we're not, if you think that we are then i'm sorry to hear this but we dont' charged to fit smart meters and the in home display is a gift when you have smart meters installed.

I will now close this conversation as the complaint is resolved at our end as a business decision."

Do i can something do in this situation or was left without working gas smart meter and without compensation durning time they service isn't working properly?
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Hey @Martintel ,

Please post photos of both your gas and electric meters. I might be able to offer advice but I must be able to identify what you've got first.

Please bear in mind however, I cannot overturn decisions.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech All 4 lights is flashing every 4 seconds on electric meter. Possible some fault after eon next was sent update tarriifs on 19 august. After this date when they was sent request to update tarriifs gas meter was stopped sending readings 🥺
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Martintel; 10-10-22 at 18:01.