Energy Price Guarantee: How this works and what this looks like

Level 43
    Hi @AndyGee

You will need to contact Customer Services if you want to change to a single rate tariff. Some have had success phoning at 9am when their phone lines open.
    Level 5
    Hello Pete

Can you explain why Eon are making this move, when other energy suppliers are reducing rates for those on fixed tariffs, and not moving them at all?
    I asked an Eon agent last Fri, and she said it's because it's too complicated otherwise! If other companies can do it, why not Eon?

I'm on an Eon Next two year fix till April 24...
    elec 28.41 kwh / 65.32 SC
    gas 7.48 kwh / 40.93 SC.

Staying on my fixed tariff with a capped standing charge would obviously be to my advantage.
    The same rep said that if I wasn't happy with going onto variable rates, then I could go back onto a fixed rate. She didn't know if I'd go back onto my old fix or a new one.
    Can you clarify on this point please, and give cost figures for whatever rate the fixed tariff would be this way?

Thank you.

P.S. I called Eon again late afternoon, and the agent said moving customers over to SVR won't happen, and that our fixed rates will just reduce...
    I read back most of the info on here, then he asked his manager for clarification. The manager agreed with him.
    There's no point contacting them anymore, as agents' responses vary hugely!
    Last edited by Evaboo; 10-10-22 at 17:20.
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext Hi Pete
    I signed up for a fixed contract V19 in Sept this has now been changed to a Next Flex and I have received the £67 discount.

In Sept my monthly payments were fixed at £349 and are now reduced to £282 but with the change to the Next Flex tariff I thought my monthly payments should come down by at least another £150 but when I contacted customer services they said I could only reduce by 10% would this be correct
    regards
    Derek
    Level 1
    Hello,
    When I logged into my account I'm surprised to see that my fixed tariff costs are now higher that when I agreed to fix on the Next Online v14 tariff. I understand that where I was paying above the new government maximum this charge would be reduced – in my case the electricity kW/h charge has changed from 36.372p to 33.76p. This I was expecting to happen.

I am surprised and disappointed to find that my gas charges have increased from 9.369p kW/h to 9.84p and the standing charge has increased from 25.293p to 27.22p
    The electricity standing charge has increased from 47.282 to 49.65p
    How are these increases permitted when I agreed a fixed tariff with and have been paying the premium charges since July 2022? I think earlier in this thread someone says if the standing charges and rates are lower that the government maximum then these will be upheld for the duration of the fix.

I tried emailing customer services but was told to phone customer support. I've just given up after holding on for over 30 minutes... feeling a bit frustrated by the whole experience to be honest.
    Level 1
    Hi, I have fixed gas next online v16. My unit rate has now been lowered to match gov cap 10.3p/kWh but my standing charge has changed from 25.923 to 27.22p/day. I thought this would stay fixed at the lower rate?
    Thanks
    Community Team
    Hi @AnneMac and @BenMc

Your standing charges don't appear to have changed. From what I can see, you seem to be quoting the standing charge amounts minus the 5% VAT (what you see online includes VAT at 5% and what you see on the bill doesn't)

If you check your tariff renewal information sent out when you originally switched to your tariffs in the past, you should see that the info on your tariff renewal info (either email or letter) will match what you can still see on your online account in relation to the standing charge.

@Deek I'm afraid your query is a little more complex. I'm unable to discuss/have a look at your Direct Debit amount as this can involve a few factors. For example, your current account credit, your annual usage figures as well as what changes have been made recently to your tariff.

If you go to your online account, now that the Energy Price Guarantee prices are in place, you should be able to see if your Direct Debit needs to be set lower than what it is currently using the Direct Debit tool online.

A reduction of £150 on top of the reduction of £67 which will have already been applied to your account though does seem rather excessive (again, I can't say for sure as I can't see/discuss your account here.)

- Pete
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Community Team
    Hi @Evaboo

If you signed up to a fixed tariff where the unit rates are lower than those on the Energy Price Guarantee then no changes to your tariff or terms will be amended.

You may be paying a higher standing charge on this fixed two year tariff as part of it's terms, and extra protection for fixing your rates for a two year period.

As you fixed in at lower rates than those on the governments EPG (including your fixed standing charges for the 2 years) we wouldn't adjust your standing charge rates down.

Although it is your decision as to if you stay on this tariff or move to the EPG prices, my advice would be to remain on your fix. Even though you're paying a higher standing charge on your fix, you're paying far less per unit on both the gas and electricity than what you'd be paying on the governments EPG tariff.

I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 10-10-22 at 15:27.
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNextThanks Pete
    I am £190 in credit the last year i was paying 18p for Elect and 3.12 for gas, in Sept I moved to V19 and was given a monthly payment of £349, which was Elect 59p and Gas 15p these have now come down by almost 50% to 34p Elect and 10p Gas , but customer service says I should only reduce by 10% in my account it says i should pay £106 per month but permission is not granted for this
    Derek
    Level 91
    @Deek

The rates have come down by about 28% overall. You DD should be reassessed automatically, but it might not be instant. Phoning customer services might take some time at the moment, try just on 09:00.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Why is the price cap guarantee for electricity around 8p p/kWh more in the East Midlands than
    what the government has supposed to have set Name:  1B22C40B-893A-4BDA-86C0-D01BA3B2E1DA.png
Views: 1445
Size:  35.6 KBat 34 p/kWh