Royal Mail postal strikes

Community Team
    Hi everyone!

As you may have all seen, there is currently ongoing postal strike action across the UK which has been ramped up recently. I'll outline the planned dates for these below as well as what this means as part of our services.

• Friday 30 September 2022 and Saturday 1 October 2022
    • Thursday 13 October 2022
    • Thursday 20 October 2022
    • Tuesday 25 October 2022
    • Monday 28 November 2022

Processing, Distribution, International, Collections, Admin: 15, 24 November and 1 December 2022

Delivery: 10, 16, 25 November and 2 December 2022

Network: 14, 23, 30 November 2022

How does this affect E.ON Next and its customers?

Importantly, we do have a large customer base who top up their meters via key/card. The above will cause some delays in the delivery of a new key/card device should you need one.

We'll always work with you, first and foremost, to try and collect a new key/card device from a local PayPoint/Payzone operator or Post Office, where appropriate. We'll never leave you off supply, so please get in touch with customer services if you're expecting a new key/card device that hasn't turned up during this period so that we can explore other options with you.

We still receive postal mail from some of our customers, whether this be a written letter or a cheque payment for example. The above strike action could see some delays in us receiving this mail into our sorting office, which means some delays could occur when processing a letter for a response to a query, or the processing of a cheque payment to your account - please bear this in mind if you send communications to us via the post.

A large majority of our customers receive their bills via email. Should you receive your bills via post and there is a delay, we'll take this into account, if you receive a reminder shortly after (sent automatically) so that you're not impacted by a late payment fee.

Pete 😊
    Last edited by Beki; 22-11-22 at 12:58.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected πŸ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a πŸ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' βœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? πŸ€” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    30/10/2022 update.

When we last spoke we outlined postal strikes that were set to take place throughout November.

Royal Mail confirmed that the CWU had withdrawn planned strike action originally planned for 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 and 10 November. However the strikes are set to resume Saturday 12th November.

Although some of the strike action is set to not go ahead, we do still recommend working with us to collect a new key/card from your local Paypoint or Payzone store

Hannah 😊
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    πŸ‘‰get in touchπŸ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions πŸ‘‰ HERE πŸ‘ˆ
    Level 92
    @Han_EONNext

Latest update.
    The CWU has formally notified Royal Mail they plan to call on their members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take national strike action on Thursday 24, Friday 25 and Wednesday 30 November and Thursday 1 December 2022.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.