National meter reading day! (October 1st 2022)

Level 55
    Hello @Mailman 😊,

The IHD will not change unless your tariff has changed if that makes sense?
    So the tariff can change, but the IHD is yet to be updated... but the IHD won't update if the tariff has not updated!

For electricity, IHD and Meter show old v7 rates (19.34p/kWh)
    Account shows v18 rates less 17p unit reduction (34.01p/kWh) (not adjusted all the way to the cap so incorrect)

Until my account shows the full reduction (down to the regional cap rates of 32.24p/kWh) I am assuming that the IHD will not update or, if it updates, it would update to the wrong tariff rate!

Irrespective of when meter/IHD update, it is of little practical use for me as I invariably base my energy monitoring around kWh used on a daily basis.

How is Eon Next organising the October 1st smart meter/IHD tariff updates, for its customer base, given that so many have seen rates change? Tis particularly important for those that prefer to monitor energy usage in terms of £ spent rather then kWh used.
    Community Team
    For electricity, IHD and Meter show old v7 rates (19.34p/kWh)
    Account shows v18 rates less 17p unit reduction (34.01p/kWh) (not adjusted all the way to the cap so incorrect)

Until my account shows the full reduction (down to the regional cap rates of 32.24p/kWh) I am assuming that the IHD will not update or, if it updates, it would update to the wrong tariff rate!

Irrespective of when meter/IHD update, it is of little practical use for me as I invariably base my energy monitoring around kWh used on a daily basis.

How is Eon Next organising the October 1st smart meter/IHD tariff updates, for its customer base, given that so many have seen rates change? Tis particularly important for those that prefer to monitor energy usage in terms of £ spent rather then kWh used.

Ah, I very much understand what you are saying now!
    So although delayed, the rates/tariffs are changing. (most have been changed by now) - as soon as all the information is correct and the tariff is good to go... your IHD should update to reflect this! This usually happens automatically over the course of a few days, but it can take up to 4 working weeks to update!

As explained above, if it gets to the point that your rates have changed but the IHD has not and you have waited a while, please reset things and if that still does not work then contact us so we can look into it further for you 😁
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 55
    Interesting that my meter and IHD have now been updated to the v18 rates that I see in my account and the standing charges are correct. So that is good news and not bad for 13 days in to the new tariff (nowhere near the 4 weeks). The bad though is that the electricity unit rate has not been taken all the way to the cap YET but there again the online account is still showing the unit rate higher than it should be (34.01 instead of 32.24 p/kWh). I am suitably encouraged. 🥂
    Last edited by Mailman; 13-10-22 at 16:11.