Been told 2025 possibly will be fixed

Level 1
    So, I've come here, in the hope of some kind of help.

Our IHD stopped working 2 yrs ago. It was fine, then one day, had nothing, just a white outline, no bars of WiFi, or time display.

Nothing.

Left it a few days, as was working in and out of home. Phoned EON, got someone said switch on switch off, BLah BLah BLah. So did all the things, we were told.

Nothing.

So left it on for a few months, still nothing. Unplugged it, put it in a drawer for 6 months, then decided to get in touch again. Was told exactly the same, did it all again, stood by the meter, switched off then on, and the Same,

Nothing.

So, about a year and half ago, got in touch, was told it was being resolved, and just leave it on, left it, on and on, etc. (You all know the tune...). Still

Nothing.

Sent an email, got a reply, but not offer to set up a time to help.

Just been waiting on the phone for 45-50 minutes, then got a lady who says its still an issue and there are thousands of people in the same boat. And, it could be up till 2025 to get it sorted!!!

Right. I don't think so.

Is anyone able to offer a possible supplier who can offer a reliable smart meter service with a working IHD as the power suppliers are not getting cheaper, and as a pensioner I would really like to see what I'm spending.

I've had it with EON Next, and they are as useless at resolving this issue. I see people waiting for a year, some weeks, I've been over 2 yrs and its still not working.

Thank you.

KPNutz
    Not getting anywhere?
  • 2 Replies

Level 43
    Hi @KPNutz

I can't help to get your smart meter issues fixed but what you could do in the short term (=> 2025?) is to read your meters regularly and work the costs out yourself. I've been doing it for years, I use a simple spreadsheet and enter my meter readings every month. It's accurate to within a couple of pence compared to my bills.
    All I enter is the date and the meter readings, so it could be done every day, week, whatever you want.

I had smart meters fitted in January and because of what I've been doing, they're really of no great use to me.
    Level 91
    @KPNutz

If the smart meters are sending readings to Eon Next and it’s just the IHD at fault then maybe this post will be of help to you…
    https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ull=1#post6726
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.