Energy Price Guarantee

I wonder if Eon Next will only reduce the DD for (customers like ourselves) if the bill period ends before October 1st. So effectively we might get the first reduction applied for the October bill (that is actually paid) in November and the last one a month later than most i.e. applied in April 2023. If it is then Eon Next will be getting another deluge of customers ringing up. As stated in another thread my last bill covers the period from 1st-30th September. Should I still be expecting the first DD reduction to be applied in October (17th is my DD date collection) or a month later as the next bill will cover the October usage?

Just seen PeterT_EONNext's reply so from what you state it is the actual collection date of the DD that is paramount - not the statement end date. If you could confirm.
    I think you might be right but I'm not entirely sure. I have seen other posts from people who pay on receipt of bill who have been informed that their accounts should be credited on 1st week of the month, so they will possibly use the same method for variable DD customers. PeterT should be able to clarify it for you.
    Level 56
    Hi Pete,

I've been trying to understand this - I'm on a fixed DD. You've sent me an email saying my DD is being reduced by £66 this month & for the next 5 thereafter. But I don't see how reducing my DD, whilst my bill is still at the same amount is 'giving' me the £400 over the 6 months. If I don't pay that additional £66 back onto my account, I'll just be £400 in arrears at the end of the 6 months. Surely to credit me with the £400 my actual bill needs to be reduced by the £66, not just how much I pay?

Roslyn

If I can answer, your Eon Next energy account should receive a credit amount of £66/£67 funded by HMG over the next six months. Its like you have made a card payment direct to your energy account only its not you, its HMG ultimately.
    Community Team
    @Mailman I see,

The aim right now is to apply the credit to everyone's account who is on a variable DD on the 1st of each month regardless of the bill date (with the exception of this month, due to a couple issues, the credits are hitting accounts later than planned)

The credit will sit on your account, so when your next bill is produced (and the credit is then there) this will be taken into account when it comes to taking your next VDD payment.

So, let's assume your bill this month is £70. If the £66 payment is applied to your account within the next week, this will place the active account balance to £4 owing. We'll still take the £70 on this occasion on the 17th (as it will be too late for us to change this with the bank) leaving your account in a credit of £66.

Come 1st November, the next £66 should be applied on the 1st as planned. This will then double the credit, and should your next bill not be more than £132, no DD will be taken after the November bill, or the difference will be taken if the next bill exceeds the credit available and so on.

I hope that this makes sense, if not, please let me know and I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    @Mailman thank you.

I think Eon's communication on this has been poor because the pre-pay, variable DD & bill pay details all say they'll credit the account, but the fixed info just says they'll reduce the DD which is clearly not helpful info! I'm happy to wait, whilst they sort it all out, I appreciate it's probably a big job, just wish their guidance was clearer!
    Level 56
    @Mailman I see,

The aim right now is to apply the credit to everyone's account who is on a variable DD on the 1st of each month regardless of the bill date (with the exception of this month, due to a couple issues, the credits are hitting accounts later than planned)

The credit will sit on your account, so when your next bill is produced (and the credit is then there) this will be taken into account when it comes to taking your next VDD payment.

So, let's assume your bill this month is £70. If the £66 payment is applied to your account within the next week, this will place the active account balance to £4 owing. We'll still take the £70 on this occasion on the 17th (as it will be too late for us to change this with the bank) leaving your account in a credit of £66.

Come 1st November, the next £66 should be applied on the 1st as planned. This will then double the credit, and should your next bill not be more than £132, no DD will be taken after the November bill, or the difference will be taken if the next bill exceeds the credit available and so on.

I hope that this makes sense, if not, please let me know and I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible.

Pete 😊

Yes perfectly happy for this sequence to play out as you have outlined and that the payment on the 1st is applied rather than pending . Just so long as this is the actual sequence rather than the intended sequence👍
    Last edited by Mailman; 06-10-22 at 16:36.
    Yes perfectly happy for this sequence to play out as you have outlined and that the payment on the 1st is applied rather than pending . Just so long as this is the actual sequence rather than the intended sequence👍
    Great to have some clarification at last! I echo your comment about the actual sequence rather than the intended sequence😀