Change stmnt date to match smart meter or vice versa

Level 1
    Hi,
    I am appalled by the state of my billing this year and the only way I think I can adequately check on Eon going forward is if my smart meter monthly readings match the statement readings.
    Can I set the smart meter to show monthly usage on the 25th of each month or will Eon change the statement date to the 1st of each month?

thanks
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    @sellins

The mis-match in monthly data from your IHD and your billing date can be mildly annoying. You didn’t say what was appalling about your billing this year.

I guess the billing date is just the same day of the month you signed up with Eon Next.

To keep track you could just check your meter readings as displayed on your IHD on the day you get your bill and work from that.

I have recently downloaded the Bright App which shows historic gas and electric meter readings for almost any period from annually down to half-hourly. This may help you keep track and reconcile things.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 78
    If you'd like, I can ask @PeterT_EONNext to fix this. He can change the read schedules for both meters to more closely match your statement dates.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    @theunknowntech You do know how to keep me busy! 😂

Hi @sellins 👋 I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your bills.

It looks like we read your meters currently on the 24th of each month and then send your statement around the 5th of each month. Can you please let me know how you'd like to have your statements sent, was it that you wanted us to match when your statement is sent to when your readings come through to us, or have your readings taken when the statement is going out (we can change either)

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here