New SMETS2 installed July, never sent data to E.ON

Level 78
    Bear with me, I'm attempting to catch up!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 2
    Exactly the same here. Meters updated to Gen2 early July, Gas readings being received by E.on next but not for Electricity though both received by DCC as confirmed by engineer who came out. Calls logged with E.on next but still not working. Readings showing on IHD but no MPAN.
    Last edited by FionaS; 03-10-22 at 09:31. Reason: Spelling error
    Community Team
    Hi @MaxPower I'm sorry that I missed replying to you recently about the issue you're experiencing!

It sounds like your meters were installed a few months ago now so readings should be coming through to us. Have you checked online to see if any Smart Meter readings show on your online account recently?

It's a good sign that the lights on your meter are flashing every 5 or so seconds which would indicate that the comms hub is working as it should.

I can't locate your account from here, if you do manage your account online with us, this may be because the email address you've used to sign up to the Community is different to that which is on your E.ON Next account.

If you can let me know an update on the above, I'll see what I can do to help further.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Hi @MaxPower I'm sorry that I missed replying to you recently about the issue you're experiencing!

It sounds like your meters were installed a few months ago now so readings should be coming through to us. Have you checked online to see if any Smart Meter readings show on your online account recently?

It's a good sign that the lights on your meter are flashing every 5 or so seconds which would indicate that the comms hub is working as it should.

I can't locate your account from here, if you do manage your account online with us, this may be because the email address you've used to sign up to the Community is different to that which is on your E.ON Next account.

If you can let me know an update on the above, I'll see what I can do to help further.

Pete 😊
    Thanks @PeterT_EONNext 😀

I also tried reaching support via WhatsApp last week, and had a reply yesterday.

The support agent on WhatsApp said that my smart meters "weren't fully set up" on E.ON's end and that they had "fixed that" on the electricity meter but were not able to get the meter communicating. The agent said they've raised it with the smart metering team...

I've just checked my online account, and it still says "We’re having trouble getting readings from your smart meter."

Looking at the meter read history, however, it does show a "smart" reading for the electricity meter on 1st October. Nothing "smart" for the gas yet, though.

I will PM you my account email address.
    Last edited by MaxPower; 05-10-22 at 13:21.
    Level 5
    The smart meters' read schedule was sorted, thanks to @PeterT_EONNext, but there still seem to be some lingering issues.

The IHD doesn't show the MPAN for the electricity meter, and says "P1" for the supplier. (For the gas meter, on the other hand, it has always had the MPRN and has the correct supplier name of EON NEXT.)

The IHD does show *readings* for the electricity meter, and has done since before Pete's fix, so I don't understand why it still has no MPAN and no supplier details.

Also electricity meter related:

- The E.ON Next iOS app's "Usage" tab has gas usage (since Pete's fix), but has *nothing* for electricity usage.

- The Bright iOS app by Hildebrand Technology Ltd still can't get any actual data from the electricity meter, even though it has the full details of both meters via "DCC Other User".

I've been in discussion with E.ON's "WhatsApp" support this past week, and they have (twice) told me they'd done something to update the IHD and (twice) told me to turn it off and on again. It's still not been sorted, despite these two attempts, plus they haven't addressed the other issues at all.
    Level 5
    Update:

The gas meter sent its "smart" reading automatically on 5th November, however nothing was sent by the electricity meter so I still had to do a manual read for that.