Twitter people are useless.

Level 1
    Posed a simple question..... How long does it take for the IHD take to show the increase of tariff charges. As I have just changed my tariff I wanted to see how much I was spending to keep it under control.

Are Eon interested in helping people keep control...... Of course not... just go away

Their answer was to the question... thanks for chatting with us today and fill in the survey to say how fantastic we were !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if anybody knows what the answer is other than a guess please advise.
  • 27 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Absolutely agree with the above @meldrewreborn - I'm sorry if you felt @Bennie_EONNext reply was a bit of a non-reply, I honestly believe she was just opening up the conversation is all before taking any action 😊

I will let you in on some info -

E.ON Energy did have a system in place for Smart Meters that they created, this allowed the tariff updates to go through as @UKDave51 mentioned above, and we simply do not have this and I'll explain why below.

We have a team of people who are working hard to ensure that Smart Comms work better (and they are succeeding with this, it is just being built from the ground up, to integrate into the new platform we have to use here at E.ON Next to support the wider customer base, and truly does work) we see many ups as well as downs, and then work to ensure fixes are in place moving forwards to get things working more seamlessly.

@silverfox55 I'm afraid we can't locate your account using the email address you used to register on the Community. Not to worry though, if you can please pop us an email to community@eonnext.com with your full name, full address and the issue you're experiencing, one of our team can get back to you there - on this occasion, I wouldn't feel right directing you to customer services as I understand you've already had some trouble with this, which I'm very sorry to hear.

Pete 😊
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 31-08-22 at 20:50. Reason: Formatting
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 43
    Hi @silverfox55

I do not know the answer but judging by the amount of posts on here by customers asking for their IHD to be updated, I wouldn't assume that it's going to be updated automatically.
    In my opinion if a customer has smart meters that are functioning normally then tariff updates shouldn't even take 24 hours to come through to their IHD.
    Any longer than that then I start to question their reasons for not doing it.

I waited 11 days recently and no tariff updates came through, so I requested via Twitter for them to be pushed through, it was actioned within 4 hours and my IHD was updated the next day.

It's common with larger businesses these days to get some really poor customer service, it really is pot luck. I think a lot of it is down to the fact that you can't say boo to a goose these days, hence they aren't managed properly, or rather managed how they should be managed. I can well imagine that there's people out there who will claim to have been offended because they haven't been offended, this is the world we live in.
    Level 1
    Hi
    Well i asked via twitter and the none reply is above..... just thanks for chatting with us and zilch. This lot are an extremely backward step from the old eon and they should hang their heads in shame. Thw whole transfer has been diabolical and not thought out at all.
    @silverfox55 I am sorry to hear your frustration. We totally understand why you might feel this way. Please be aware though that currently we had an increase of queries and our team is working as fast as they can to try and get back to everyone as quick as they can. If you have changed your tariff recently and the IHD hasn't updated we can do this for you. As @Andy65 said.
    Level 91
    @Bennie_EONNext

if you can force through the update why don’t you get on and do it rather than giving a non reply?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 43
    The problem that needs solving @meldrewreborn is why IHDs aren't being automatically updated.

I had Smets 2 meters installed a few months ago (for my sins), when my tariff ended at the end of July the IHD didn't get the new rates until I requested it 11 days later. I generally ignore my IHD because it's of no real use to me but just out of principle I expect it to be correct at all times. There must be a lot of customers who look at the cost function not realising that in reality they are being charged twice what it says.
    Level 3
    This really is appalling, when it was just simply eon my meter would update at midnight on the date the new tariff kicked in. now judging by the amount of posts we have on this subject eon next have taken a huge step backwards.
    Level 91
    @Andy65

I think we must presume that the vast majority of customers do get their updates as they're supposed to without needing to complain here. This forum doesn't have that many members relative to Eon Next's size, most post only once or twice. But we don't really know -and in this case information is key to working out how to resolve matters.

I think though that Eon Next could do with a tool on the website to allow those whose meters and/or in home displays are not working properly to be able to report the issue, and then be automatically led through a diagnostic questionnaire that would properly identify the problem, so that then experienced customer service staff can readily resolve the matter.

I've no particular reason to want to put @theunknowntech out to grass, but merely a desire to reduce customer dissatisfaction and frustration.
    Level 43
    To be honest @PeterT_EONNext but isn't the "...we don't have a system in place..." excuse wearing a bit thin?
    I would have thought that most businesses starting up (I wouldn't include eon-next for obvious reasons) would have the necessary systems in place before they start trading, but to say that they don't have them two years later is very difficult to believe unless it's a conscious and deliberate decision.