A little bit about Solar Panels and Storage

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hello, I installed 8 solar panels last year and am now considering a battery. Can I add a battery easily to my existing system?
    Also, if you have a 5.2 battery, how long might that last?

Many thanks.
    Level 43
    Hi @rjb47

With your last question I think that depends on variables such as what depth of discharge the particular battery allows etc. I'd suggest doing some serious research on the subject.
    Level 1
    Hi, I’m not yet a customer but I’m really interested in your solar panel finance options but I have some questions.

What brand/type of solar panel are the E.On Energise panels? I would like to do more research. In particular are they Monocrystaline silicon or Polycrystalline?
    And what’s their efficiency.

Also, once the finance is complete, would I have complete ownership of the panels? And able to move to a different SEG provider if I wanted.

Thanks
    Community Team
    Hiya @Bacca 👋👋 how is your week going?

Ahhhh, good questions! You're really testing me! To read more about the E.ON Energy solar and finance options go to 👉 Solar renewables.

Once the finance is complete, you will be the 100% owner of the panels 😊 so you will indeed be able to move to a different SEG provider if you wish!
    I would just say, although you are the owner of the panels, it depends on the building you are having them. So if you also own the building and the panels are staying; that's great! But if you do not own the building or you are thinking moving them it can be incredibly expensive to get them moved and installed somewhere else.

In terms of Monocrystaline silicon or Polycrystalline, I can't 100% say, and I would never advise you of the wrong answer! I have been on the phone to our Solutions team to find out and they have got in touch with the manufacturer to find out for you 😋.

If anyone does find out before we do, please let us know!
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 6
    Hello, I installed 8 solar panels last year and am now considering a battery. Can I add a battery easily to my existing system?
    Also, if you have a 5.2 battery, how long might that last?

Many thanks.

in my knowledge,you can add battery easily, 5,2batery it means 5.2kwh, It depends from your usage. check how much you using energy after sunset do some math and you will know for how long it last
    Level 1
    Thank you. I’ll wait to hear. I’m doing a bit of homework/shopping around but I’m really hopeful EON’s panels fit the Bill!
    Level 1

In terms of Monocrystaline silicon or Polycrystalline, I can't 100% say, and I would never advise you of the wrong answer! I have been on the phone to our Solutions team to find out and they have got in touch with the manufacturer to find out for you 😋.

If anyone does find out before we do, please let us know!

Hi, I’m just seeing if you had any joy figuring this out? Thanks
    Level 2
    @Anasa_EONNext I had Solar with Battery Storage fitted in Jan 22(not by EON). Its great however has not saved me much money yet as EON do not take into consideration my solar when setting my direct debit. I have managed to get it reduced from £165 to £130 however I am still over £400 in credit on my account.
    I also believe I have an issue with my Smart Meter as my Solar App & Dashboard monitors the amount I import from the Grid. I have monitored this as well, switching items off etc however my smart meter continually overstates the power I am suppose to import. I am waiting for a technician to visit and check my meter. Finally, EON charges my .29 a unit of electricity yet I only get 0.03 per unit for the 1806 kWh I have exported.
    Level 6
    If your smart meter is an L&G450 then I would advise you not to install solar or battery, I have but the meter still clocks up when using solar.
    The energy companies are aware of this but Eon will not change the meter either due to cost or perhaps the call centre staff are so poorly trained that they cannot understand anything which they are not familiar with. I call them, they pass me over to their solar people, who understand the problem and they pass me back as it’s a smart meter fault.
    so have a look at your type of meter before you consider solar.
    Level 2
    @Frassle Hi My meter is a Toshiba E470 but I have read that some meters have compatibility issues with Solar. Totally get what you say about customer services though - When I asked if my meter could be looked at, I was told it would cost me money and there is probably nothing wrong with it anyway. They also inferred that I should be grateful that I use so little electricity due to my panels!