Yet another Smartmeter issue this time Gas

Level 1
    Hi,

We only had our smart-meters installed last December.

We have had the Smart-meter already replaced in the first few months as the home display kept hanging, it worked fine for a few months and it was great, but now for the last four months the gas display is not showing any usage on the home display, but we get an update everyday to say the standing charge has been updated.

We have been on the phone for about 3 hours in total waiting and then talking, we have been online emailing for months but the home display is no updating and also the smart-meter is no sending the readings to Eonnext.

We have been fobbed off with lots of different reasons, but if you have a new smart-meter fitted it should work within the first few mins on being connected.

I have a few questions

How can I get my meters changed again as it is not working as it should?

How can I checked that the smart-display is connected to the Gas meter?

How can I check that my smart-display is connected to the smart-meters, what is the name of the wifi network and what is the password, so I can re-connect to the display myself?

What is the password for on the home display? (I am assuming the settings and password are here)

All the lights on the electricity meter are flashing, but we have no flashing lights on the gas meter?

Regards

Craig
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Can you show us some photos please? That helps a ton in working out your options.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech

Thanks for the reply, looking at the forum EON clearly has an issue with their smart meters just look how many people are saying the same thing about the gas meter

We have yet again got in touch with EON via email, ours is still under 12 months so we are asking for the smart meters to be replaced again, they always work straight away when new ones are installed, give a few months and they then stop.
    Level 91
    You have to set the number of complaints against the number of customers with smart meters. The system is very complicated and response times from others like the DCC are glacially slow. Things will always go wrong but it’s the time and effort to resolve smart meter issues that is really dispiriting for those affected. Time for automatic compensation methinks.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.