EON want to replace both smart meters

Level 1
    The IHD is showing the correct tariff for both meters.
    The reading schedule I think was set for different dates for each meter, would be good if they were on the same date. My account shows a few random smart readings.

I also think the firmware will take a while to update. Pity we're not allowed to replace the battery ourselves, looks easy enough.
    Level 78
    Yeah, it's one of those things I'm afraid. Firmware updates are pretty easy at least. Simply let the automatic update scripts take care of everything for you. :)

As for the battery? Erm... It's kinda complicated. Gas meters use batteries with a 10+ year lifespan which you can't just get on the open retail market and technically speaking, replacing it yourself could be considered tampering - it's a grey area that I've never really asked about. And if it is user replaceable... That opens it all up to tampering abuse risks of various kinds that I don't talk about on a public forum.

In theory though, the battery should outlast the service life of the gas meter anyway. By the time it runs out, most gas meters would be up for recertification and would have probably already been replaced.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @StePhoto

I've sent an update for the tariff info to both meters (which should update within the next 24 hours)

I can see though that there are some pending updates (probably relating to the firmware version on the gas meter, and these can take a little time to go through)

Everything should be working as expected within the next 2-3 weeks, but please do let us know if something doesn't seem right.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here