Provisional transaction

Level 1

Hi I've just read my meter but then when they have told me what I owe I got the message below. I pay when I read my meter weekly usually and I don't pay by direct debit. What is this provisional transaction?
    Many thanks

You have a provisional transaction

A charge of £5.44 on Jun 26th hasn't yet been applied. This transaction will be reviewed before being finalised.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @Sparralegs

The provisional charges you may sometimes see on your online account are usually for the gas, and it usually occurs over the weekends.

It's when your account on our system is waiting for the calorific value for your gas usage, this is usually calculated over night and then applied to your account, and it can cause a small delay over the weekend.

Usually the following day, your account will have updated showing your balance, including the correct gas charges for the period you've been billed for.

Has this updated for you now or is this still showing on your online account?

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here