Smart 2 connectivity

Level 0
    Hi, am a new member and am looking for some help as had new house build in 2019 when smart 2 meters were fitted to monitor both gas and electricity. The electricity Smart 2 is a Toshiba SM2 with attached Toshiba SKU1 cellular with 5 green light indicators that flash, however the last one indicates “gas” and does not flash and no light at all. The gas supply is also fitted with a Toshiba Smart 2 meter.
    It seems that my supplier Bulb can access the electric readings and not the gas as this has to be done manually so would appear that comms between SKU1 and gas meter are not working, any ideas on why or how to remedy.

Many thanks
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hmm... Three possible reasons come to mind here:

• The gas meter has never been commissioned at all
    • The gas meter is out of range and/or lost connection due to interference
    • The gas meter completely dropped off the HAN somehow

The Comms Hub thinks there is no gas meter commissioned so this may need an engineer visit.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 91
    @Tomar

Welcome, this forum's fame is spreading. The Gas meter has a battery which powers the comms to the SKU1. There could be lots of reasons why the gas reading isn't getting through but I'll wager @theunknowntech will be able to advise, his competence in these matters far exceeds mine! As a volunteer you have to be patient and he'll reply in this thread when he can.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.