Need Smart Meters

Level 1
    Good morning, we are Eon Next customers through none of our own choice, we were switched to you.
    We used to be with Scottish Power who installed smart meters and an in house display, since we were switched to Eon Next, you tell me that our smart meter does not read Gas, only Electric !!
    We want you to install Smart Meters to read Gas and Electricity.
    Surely this is a simple request
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @robandrach

It is a simple request but not so simple to resolve. How long ago were you moved to Eon next and from what supplier?

The smart meter system is very complicated and currently switching the remote metering between suppliers is slow and full of pitfalls. I'll ask @PeterT_EONNext to investigate. If your email here and with eon next is the same he'll be able to investigate.

As an aside its good that the electric is reporting OK. The Gas meter should communicate wirelessly to the communications hub attached to the electric meter, and then to Eon next, but since they (gas meters) work off of long life batteries, its not unknown for these to fail.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hi @robandrach

The gas meter on your account isn't showing as a Smart Meter, it's showing as a standard credit meter. Can you post a picture of your gas meter here so that I can check this?

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here