Smart Meter Confusion & Readings

Level 1
    Hi All - wonder if you could help before I complain formally.

In the last few weeks I have noticed that my Smart Meter is not so smart or maybe too smart and my old grey cells can't understand whats happening.

The standard 'budget' (dial type) display that shows 'now' and 'previous' has been showing that I've maxxed out the budget way before mid morning ! before the price increase that was not happening until early evening.

Now why would that be happening ? any ideas ?

I've also checked the meter readings and they are significantly higher. As far as i know I'm not doing anything that is using more/additional electricity to explain the readings. Could it be I have a technical problem with the Smart Meter ?

All ideas and help gratefully received.
    thanks Richard
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    The in home display is one thing - your meter is something else -in the usual place. If you check the actual meter rather than the in home display what does that tell you?

Its entirely possible that the actual metering is correct but the in home display isn't. If you post some pictures of your meter (the real one) and the in home display @theunknowntech might be able to glean something more concrete for you.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 78
    Do you still need a hand with this @brooksr ?
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!