IHD NOT working - SMETS1 Smart Meter

Level 1
    Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help me because quite frankly I'm losing the will to live and starting to worry (aren't we all)

After numerous phone calls with EON Next I believe I have a SMETS1 Smart Meter outside (still dubious to be honest)

Since I was switched to EON Next (possibly a good year and a half maybe 2 years) from nPower my In House Display hasn't worked.
    I believe this is because the SMETS1 S/M has old Technology that doesn't support the switching from one supplier to another which makes the IHDs faulty (fair enough)

I've found a few companies that could help get me a new IHD (I'd happily pay at this point) the one everyone seems to rave about is "BRIGHT"
    I've been in touch with them and given them my S/M Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) but they can't find my S/M on the DCC Network so they can't add it?!

This has been nearly 2 years since I switched to EON Next so why hasn't this information been updated?

Also, looking at historical tweets from EON Next they've asked numerous people to give "meter readings to help ensure billing is accurate"

Should I have been doing this all along? I've queried my high bills thousand times with EON Next but each time they say there aren't any issues with my SM and that's that.

All I want to do is to be able to see how much I'm spending and also know that in fact my S/M outside is actually working as it should?

I didn't get want to be moved to EON Next but all of a sudden all these issues have become a "me" problem when EON Next surely should be helping people?!

Thanks,
    Chris
  • 1 Reply

Level 78
    Howdy @Laney89 !

I'm afraid your options will be very, very limited until your meters get migrated to DCC. Could you show me some photos please? I'll be happy to at least identify it for you.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!