The frequencies used by Smart Meters for communication are also well outside the maximum possible hearing range for any human, so the chances of them causing or worsening tinnitus, headaches and insomnia is basically impossible. If it was, we'd have had it for years from just about any radio transmissions. There's also a ton more background noise and radio activity that's there anyway and it always has been. I've yet to see any solid evidence of that causing problems for anyone. True, there are maybe an absolutely tiny group of people who genuinely are sensitive to this stuff, but it's so rare that it's never been proven. And if it were true, smart meters would be no more likely to trigger it than the literally tons of other wireless stuff in the world that you cannot block out. In fact, you wouldn't be able to use electricity at all if that were the case!

Unfortunately however, speculation exists and it's impossible to get everyone to understand that the supposed health risks are nothing more than misinformation. The reason that there's a downgrade charge which is highly expensive, is because it'd be a non-standard install and suppliers are fully entitled to charge you their entire costs involved with a downgrade. It's not worth burning that cash because of misinformation, especially in the current climate. The meters cannot be turned off either for security reasons. There are no exceptions that allow for a free downgrade either, as only upgrades are free.

As for me? I am independent of ALL energy suppliers. I have never worked in the energy industry at all and have no current plans to do so.
Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!