Migration from Eon to Eon Next with Economy 10 has failed

Level 1
    Still no progress. It seems that we have a 4 leg meter with a separate Proteus 100 Amp switch. It is this which activates the heating circuits.

Can anyone tell me how it gets the times to switch from the meter ? If only we could alter it to the E7 times we could at least use the cheaper rate for the 7 hours until we get sorted. As it is we can only use the E7 for the 4.5 hours when it overlaps the E10 times.
    Level 78
    Hi @Crunchie66 !

Have you been chatting with my friend Blastoise186 by any chance? He told me that someone was on the OVO Forum this week with a query that sounds very similar to yours and I was just curious if you're the same person. Don't worry either way, me and Blastoise chat with each other all the time, so we're able to keep each other in sync with what's happening.

Blastoise has reviewed some documentation about these Proteus devices this week and he thinks they're controlled by the meters themselves, but via a different part of the config to that which handles the tariff rates. I can try to get @PeterT_EONNext to attempt to force a fix through, but I'm not sure if it'd have to be escalated to another team.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech yes that was me ! I didn't name the supplier on there as it didn't feel right to do so. I posted on an old thread there as a customer had a similar problem with the tariff timings being out of sync with the proteus switch timings. I was hoping they had found a way to change it.

We have 2 main problems. 1. We have been accidentally moved to E10 to E7 when the account was transferred and EonNext are saying we can't be moved back. 2. The meter is still sending E10 times to the proteus switch.

So we can only use the E7 rate between 1.37am and 6.07am. We really want our E10 back. But while we try to sort it we would be much better off if the proteus was in sync with the tariff.
    Level 1
    Just a quick update. It's been 45 days now and still no-one has fixed the problem with our supply. We are completely worn out with the whole thing. Every time we are offered some hope it turns out that the people involved haven't understood the problem. The latest attempt failed due to our meter type, which has been known from day 1 ! Eon installed this meter themselves. It seems the botched setup is the root cause of the whole nightmare.
    Level 91
    @Crunchie66

it it seems to me that your meters are still recording the cheap and peak consumption accurately according to economy 10. Is that correct?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    No ! Beki very briefly (less than a day) got us put back on E10 but someone must have over ruled this as we now get told they don't do E10.

When Eon moved to EonNext they changed us from an E10 tariff to E7 with no warning or explanation. I only found out accidentally. But they had previously set us up with a meter that is not fit for purpose. It doesn't switch the heating circuits automatically, but has a box added which it sends on/off times to.

So now the heaters are only live for their old E10 timeslots but the tariff changes at E7 times.

So I have to get up every night at 1.37am to switch them on manually. But they go off at the old E10 time of 6.07 am. Hence we only get to use 4 1/2 hours of the low rate tariff.

Level 91
    @Crunchie66

ypu need to raise this as a formal complaint and take it all the way to the ombudsman if necessary. It’s up to eon next to put you back to the type of tariff you used to enjoy. In the meantime I’d post your story with Martin Lewis on the money saving expert site. You need to embarrass Eon next into sorting this matter quickly.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn thanks. We put in a formal complaint 28 days ago but haven't had so much as an acknowledgement yet. I understand we must wait 8 weeks after the initial call to Eon before we can go to the ombudsman it's on the calendar!
    Level 1
    Another update. 15 weeks later and we have not progressed beyond the very first phone call. We have now waited well beyond the time we were told it would take to get a new meter fitted. In fact today we have taken a step backwards. We just had an email from the complaints department closing our case and telling us we already have an E7 meter and to go elsewhere if we don't want to stay with Eon !

Frankly this is insulting. The person concerned can't have even read our case. Do they seriously think we get up in the night every night at 1.37 am to put the heating on for fun ? We have now explained to 17 different people at Eon what the problem is.

We are paying for E7 which we can't even use for more than 4.5 hours per day. We have explained, sent photos, talked to complex metering, been helped by various individuals who did understand. Now someone who clearly can't be bothered to understand the problem closes the case. 15 weeks of phone calls and emails, hours and hours of our time.

It is now with the ombudsman. It will be interesting to see what they make of the whole sorry story. It could all have been sorted on the first day. It is such a simple issue. It has all been caused by a mistake at EonNext, which they don't seem to be able to face up to. We have been extremely patient.

We have never come across such appalling customer service from any company. They don't seem to even understand that their oft reiterated 'take your business elsewhere' won't work either ! We need their meter fixing. Why should another company pay to pick up the pieces after EonNext's incompetence ? The current setup will not work with any company. That is the whole point.