Smart meter? HDI not reading Gas Usage and Eon Next App not working either

Level 1
    Hi guys, we have recently been moved over to Eon Next from Eon. This is our second year with Eon and we have a original Smart meter from Ovo. Until late last year we were unable to see our usage and had to keep sending readings. After numerous chats we could see usage but the tariff prices were wrong !!! We were then moved to Next we now have a problem that they/or us cannot read the meter unless we do it manually. I have download the Eon next App for Energy usage which would be helpful under the current climate but what do we get ( we are working on this exciting feature) Surely this should be in place first.
  • 1 Reply

Level 78
    Hey @Cyril !

I'm theunknowntech and I'm a forum volunteer here. I also happen to know Blastoise186, one of the forum volunteers of the OVO Forum. Between us, I think we can solve this one.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while to get smart readings again, as your meters need to be migrated to DCC first. It should be done by September 2022 if memory serves. The only way to speed things up would be switching back to OVO, as there's hardly any other supplier still going that installed Secure meters in the S1 days. Chances are your meters are in the queue though.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!