FIT account changed to E.On next, missing information.

Level 2
    We had solar panels installed in 2015 and from then until now our FIT account has been with E.On.

Without warning, E.On have closed our old FIT account and transferred the FIT to a new E.On Next account.

But it is ALL WRONG.
    • The page for the account invites me to 'make a payment' !!!
    • I can't see anywhere to submit a meter reading
    • The information on the old account included full past history of meter readings and payments. This has completely disappeared, which is quite upsetting because I haven't kept a record.

WHAT IS GOING ON?
  • 29 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Well that was quicker than I expected! Here's a message from our FiT expert Graeme:

Last September E.ON Energy communicated with their customers that the Feed in Tariff accounts would be moving over to E.ON Next, which they are gradually doing,

As the accounts move to us a welcome communication is sent, letting you know the account is now with us here at E.ON Next. It can take a few days for this welcome communication to arrive so this may be why some of you haven't yet had anything.

Our FiT web offering is not the same as E.ON Energy’s, the graphs you would have been used to are no longer available. But thank you for providing feedback on this, we will add this into our thinking for how we continue to develop our online offering for customers.

You are able to view your previous Feed in Tariff statements online by clicking "View bills and payments in your account", this will show you the last two years worth of statements. Within the communications sent last year and the welcome message that is sent when the accounts move over, we advised the read windows for many customers will now changed.

The read windows within next are on between the 1st - 25th of following months-

• March
    • June
    • September
    • December

When you log in to give your readings during those periods, you will be presented with your last paid read so you can check that your readings do follow on.

If you have an energy account with E.ON Next you may have to select the switch account to go between the FiT and energy screens, no need to log into different accounts each time now.

Hopefully that helps answer a lot of your questions, there's even more information here if you need it https://www.eonnext.com/help/feed-in-tariffs and right at the bottom is the phone number for any account specific questions you might have.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 78
    Hey there @Editha !

This sounds like an account specific issue that I can't help you out with as a forum volunteer. Don't panic though, I'll get @HannahD_EONNext on the case.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    We have had exactly the same problem. It is not account specific. It is a mess created by Eon so sort it out Eon. Let's have less fancy colours and more systems that work. The whole wen some is completely impenetrable but maybe that is on purpose. Eon sort it out. This is a shambles.
    Level 1
    Exactly the same issue here. EoN did NOT inform me that my FiT tarrif would be moving. When I try to log in to it, it refers me to EoN Next, but at EoN Next there was no account yet existing at the place EoN stated for my FiT payments, so had to register a password for it. Having done that ALL MY FiT HISTORY IS MISSING. As others have stated here, it is a mess, and it is NOT AN ACCOUNT SPECIFIC ISSUE.
    Additionally, the meter reading times stated do not tie up with when they were supposed to be
    EoN Next .... Please fix this within the next few days and email me when all my data is available. URGENT
    Head of Community
    Hey all

Really sorry to hear you're having problems with your FiT accounts since migrating over to E.ON Next, not what we want at all!

I'm not an expert in FiT so I've sent all of these details over to someone who is and will get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks

Hannah
    Level 1
    @HannahD_EONNext that is a very disappointing response, I would have expected all data previously available to have been carried over or available on request at least.
    Level 1
    Whilst the old site was a bit clunky it worked and said payment. The fact you have mangled a site for FIT payments in with one for paying your electricity bills and expecting FIT customers to go and look at bills is beyond poor design. This is on top of the that you have completely disregarded years worth of people's generation history.

Poor show all round.
    Level 1
    I agree this is not only poor design, but I can confirm the EoN informed me my bill would be moving to EoN Next, BUT NOT my FiT account. I require ALL my data to be transferred (it is MY data) and the same graphical and tabular facilities SHALL be made available. It is not customers fault that we have been forcibly moved, so we expect the same or better service. Also it is NOT true that going to the 'view bills and payments' screen shows the previous data ... mine is blank.
    Also, FiT and payments are different. I don't want them mixed up so I have separate accounts. Basically so far it's a mess
    Level 1
    Yes I must have ALL MY data, but right now I have NONE. How can it be that it gets closed on EoN BEFORE it is all transferred? Saying 'it can take a while to set up' means 'we incompetently failed to set it up before the data was removed from the EoN site'. What compensation will we now receive for all the inconvenience and inability to access OUR information?