Smart meter not recognised

Level 1
    My elderly sister in law (81 years and no computer) had smart meters for gas and electric installed by E.on in May 2021.
    At the end of December she received a bill showing gas usage for 51 days (until 24th June), and no mention of electricity. She phoned E.on and was told to take photos of the meters and email them!
    On 8th January I duly took photos and emailed them to E.on. Three weeks later my sister in law phones E.on again to see what is happening (she was getting concerned), she was told there was no trace of the email and it had to be sent again. On 27th January I sent another email and photos.
    Her current plan expires on 31st March and she has now had a letter regarding what plan to go onto, this is causing her (and me) some distress, as she is worried that no readings have been taken for gas and electricity, and she may be running up a debit.
    She has tried phoning again, but cannot get through.
    Can anyone advise what to do next please?
    Thanks
    Dave
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 1
    Best Answer
    Hi Anasa, thanks for your reply.
    my sister in law managed to speak with E.on yesterday, they have asked for the photos to be sent, again. I have duly emailed them, again
    The representative said that he would phone her on Friday with an update, once he has the photos.
    Hopefully we are making some progress...:-)
    Community Manager
    @davelees I'm Anasa one of the Community Co - Ordinators here 👋 I'm so sorry to hear that this is causing your sister in law some distress this query is quite specific and with queries like this it's always best to send us a message on Facebook/Twitter or if you prefer giving us a ring I know that you've tried ringing before but just in case you'd like to try again we're open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday 0808 501 5200 - we'll be able to check the account for you and put your mind at rest, you'll need your sister in laws permission and her account details to hand and we'll get it sorted for you 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 1
    My sister in law managed to speak with E.on last week, they said that they hadn't received my emails and photos, asking for them to be sent..again.
    I sent them, again, and got an email acknowledging them, stating they would contact my sister in law on Friday. On Friday E.on did phone my sister in law apologising for the current situation, stating that things have been passed to the meter team.
    So it looks as if we are making some progress now.