Smart Meter Changed Historic Data

Level 1
    Since having my smart meter installed, i've been taking weekly readings and storing them in a spreadsheet myself.

Up till this week, my KWh for electric had been showing as a 1/100th of their actual value, but that was fine, I was mainly interested in the cost values, but was tracking both just out of interest. Same for gas, though that had been showing the correct value for KWh all along.

I've just been to check the values for last week, and noticed that the gas ones had changed, they have new lower KWh and prices. So I went back, and checked all the previous weeks (as far as I can to the end of Dec), and I see that they have all reduced. But not the electric ones, but now the electric KWh values are showing correctly on the smart meter.

Any ideas what is going on? Do they receive over the air firmware updates?
    There's no sign my tariff has changed on my account.
  • 4 Replies

Level 1
    Looks like it has indeed had a firmware update following my original other post.
    https://community.eonnext.com/thread...-decimal-value
    Still weird it would affect the historic data though.
    @oindypoind Hey there, Beki here 👋😊
    Just out of curiosity, are you getting this information from your IHD? They are there more as a guide and you would get a lot more information from your actual meters and also your bills.
    Anyway, I have sent a tariff update to your IHD and this should come in around midnight tonight so hopefully it'll be up to date for you then 😊
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext Yes I was taking readings from the IHD just for ease, unfortunately going to read my gas meter requires going and standing in the flower beds of the front garden 😅
    Bills are okay, but for the past 4 years I've been keeping a week by week usage spreadsheet, because i'm a massive nerd! Once I got the IHD in October, I was hoping it was going to make things easier, but it looks like I now have data from before December which has probably changed, and I can't navigate back to update my spreadsheet with it.
    It'll be interesting to see how the update affects it tonight.
    I did get a notification yesterday that I had been on the non DD rate, so I have just been credited a whole load back dated, maybe that's what it showing...
    Level 78
    The start of a new year always causes fun with IHDs. In fact, even things like updating the tariff config can result in the IHD backdating that change to ALL historical data.

Smart Meters do also get OTA firmware updates by default and these cannot be disabled for security reasons. You'll hardly ever notice anything though, unless you know exactly what to look for. I happen to know how to check the firmware version on my own meter, but it's not something I'm keen to reveal publicly and you wouldn't gain much from it anyway.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!