Average bills for single people?

Level 1
    I was just wondering what other single people are spending on gas and electricity? Based on my last bill my estimate for winter is £100/month, which seems a bit high. I only have a laptop and kitchen appliances. I have a hot shower most days and turn the bedroom heater on max all night, as there is a vent on the window which I haven't been able to close. I mostly stay in my bedroom so never turn on the heaters in other rooms.

Is £100/month normal for my situation?
  • 2 Replies

Head of Community
    Hey @Energy123 - Welcome to our community!

I'll let some of our other members answer your question too as everyone will have different circumstances. Personally, I pay just under double what you are but that's for a 3 bedroom house, 2 of us working from home and a 6 year old who loves her technology.

There's so much that can impact your monthly cost, a couple of things to check:

• Are your bills based on actual meter readings or estimated?
    • Are you on a standard or fixed tariff? Standard prices have risen a lot in the last year, so even if you used exactly the same amount of energy unfortunately it's going to cost more
    • What type of heating do you have? This can definitely have an impact

If you want us to check your account out to make sure everything is looking in order, the quickest way is to send a direct message on Facebook or Twitter - our digi team are available 24/7 to help you out!

Cheers

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 78
    What kind of heating and hot water setup do you have? I'm also in a one-bed flat and live on my own. But my monthly electric bills (with a different supplier) are only around £40 a month during the winter right now. Admittedly, this might be partially due to me having an ultra cheap rate as I renewed just before the prices started shooting up all over the market.

Something doesn't sound right though to me. Please could you also show me some photos of all your heating and hot water setup - along with some photos of your electric/gas meters. I want to check a few things...
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!