Fit Meter account no longer accessible

Level 2
    Unfortunately, since the change to Eon Next, we are unable to see our Fit Account. I'm not surprised given the fact that Smart meters no longer work. However, the next Fit Meter readings are due from today until 7th February. Given the current state of chaos at Eon Next, does this mean we can no longer receive Fit payments for the electricity we generate.? The chaos at Eon Next is now so great, I'm seriously considering moving to another supplier. WHY were these changes not tested before implementation?? In any other industry, this is mandatory.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    I think it might be a case that your FiT account hasn't migrated yet - as they are separate from your supply accounts. Are you able to check if you can still access the old one by any chance?

If you don't put a FiT Reading in, you'll still get a FiT Payment for this quarter but it would be based on estimates so might not be accurate. Any underpayments or overpayments should be resolved in the next period as long as you can get a reading in.

But yes... It's clearly not an easy time. I'm only a forum volunteer on here and my actual energy supply is with OVO. I'm still seeing a huge number of threads being created from people having trouble though and right now... I'm basically the only regular visitor on this forum who's helping out.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @simont It could just be that it hasn't migrated over yet and is still with E.ON Energy. You will need to get in touch with E.ON Energy to submit your FiT readings as usual. It should get send over to us in the near future though.