Login page not working

Level 1
    Today I am unable to proceed from this login page (OK a week ago)
    https://www.eonnext.com/dashboard/login
    I have the correct username and password, but the orange ‘Log in’ button remains inactive (a blue rotating circle when the cursor is on or near the button).
    I use the Edge browser in Windows 11, all up to date.

I also tried from my iPhone Safari browser - the same result ....

I see reviews of the iphone app report a similar issue – last update (v 1.1.0) 1 week ago, perhaps this update has affected browser login function as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hi,

I'm not supplied by E.On or E.On Next myself, so I'm not really able to test this out for myself. If Landmark stops by, he might be able to give this a go though.

With that being said, I just made a single attempt to use login details that I know are completely impossible (don't worry, I didn't do it more than once) and the system immediately and correctly rejected them. I also didn't notice any issues with the button, but that might just be because it behaves differently when it accepts your login details, against when it spits them straight out.

Given that you've tested this using browsers based on both the Chromium engine (which is what Edge and Google Chrome are based on) and WebKit engine (used by Safari), the next logical step I can think of would be to try using Firefox on your PC for a bit, since it's based on the Firefox Quantum engine. You can download it from the Mozilla website at https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/ . This is just to see if the issue affects Firefox as well, so you can uninstall it when you're done if you'd rather not keep it around (go into Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > locate Firefox > click the three dots to the right > Uninstall > follow the prompts). The Mozilla Maintenance Service will also uninstall itself automatically, usually within five minutes after Firefox is removed as long as you don't have any other Mozilla stuff installed, so you don't need to worry about that.

If you're still having the same issue in Firefox as well, then that suggests it's a server side issue and I can ask Hannah or Beki to see if they can flag it up.
    Last edited by theunknowntech; 28-12-21 at 13:44. Reason: Whoops, I forgot Windows 11 changed the uninstall flow. Let's fix that
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Level 29
    Best Answer
    It works on Edge Version 96.0.1054.62 (Official build) (64-bit) on my computer on windows 10 version 21H1.
    If TUT's scheme falls through, I have two further ideas you might try if you dare, that might work to fix the problem if the moderators haven't yet got onto it yet.
    1. Click on the link forgot your password - reset your password
    2. Outside chance a windows 11 bug (unlikely but not improbable) Rollback to windows 10 if applicable
    Today I am unable to proceed from this login page (OK a week ago)
    https://www.eonnext.com/dashboard/login
    I have the correct username and password, but the orange ‘Log in’ button remains inactive (a blue rotating circle when the cursor is on or near the button).
    I use the Edge browser in Windows 11, all up to date.

I also tried from my iPhone Safari browser - the same result ....

I see reviews of the iphone app report a similar issue – last update (v 1.1.0) 1 week ago, perhaps this update has affected browser login function as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

How did you get on with the recommendations from @Landmark and @theunknowntech? I'm curious so that if I need to, I can raise this to the tech team!