No gas card

Level 1
    My gas meter stopped working on Thursday the engineer put me a new meter in put ten pounds of credit on Sunday night I ran out of gas the engineer came last night and could only put 5 pounds on the meter and that is about to run out and still no gas card has arrived
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hi Nicola

I'm so sorry to hear this wasn't sorted for you, and thanks unknowntech for trying to get our attention.

I can see you've spoken to a number of my colleagues via email and social media and it looks like they've now found the issue that meant the cards were not working. Fingers crossed this has fixed everything for you.

If you do have any further problems, to make sure you get a speedy response I'd recommend contact us on Facebook again as our digi team are here 24/7, 7 days a week (although reduced hours on New Years Eve and Day, they'll still have someone there during the day and overnight to help).

Thanks

Hannah
    Head of Community
    Hi Nicola

Did we get this sorted for you?

If you ever need help in the future the quickest way to get hold of us is by sending a direct message on Facebook or Twitter, our digi ops team will be on hand to help and even better - they're in all over Christmas (although we hope you don't need us!).

Thanks

Hannah - Here to spread positive energy
    Level 1
    Hi no its now been 7 days and no gas card the engineer came again on Monday night but could only put 5 pounds on the meter wich ran out last night so we are now sat here with no gas and its freezing cold and still no gas card its horrible were meant to be happy as its Christmas bit were all freezing 7 days I dont understand why the gas card is taking so long I've been treated terribly by your company
    Level 1
    @HannahD please help im in tears if the engineer comes he will only be able to put 5 pounds on the meter I cant cope with this coldness its driving me and my children crazy everytime I ring I feel like their just fobbing me off
    Level 78
    Hi,

It looks like this thread still needs to be resolved, but I'm unable to help as a forum volunteer. I've set a tag on this thread to bring it up for moderator attention and I'll keep an eye on it from here. Hannah might not be around right now, but I'll try to summon Beki as she was active this morning.

It's possible that the card might already be in the post, but Royal Mail tends to limit services around this time and there's probably a backlog they need to clear through.

Normally, I would suggest seeing if you can pop down to a local shop to pick up a card there and get it registered on a same-day basis, but with the Christmas period causing limited opening hours, I'm not sure you'd be able to get the TAG Code from customer service right now to pair the card with the meter. I'll see if Beki knows if that's an option.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!