No gas readings registered with EON since smart meter installation

We had our smart meters installed in March this year, and was assured that everything was up and working, and how the meters would send readings automatically.

After installation we had an issue where the IHD sat there for over a month saying "Waiting for data..." after a power cut ran the battery dry. However it eventually came back again and started registering consumption.

After reading my latest bill there is only a summary of electricity consumption which is odd - we have gas but only for our boiler; nothing else. However there is no sign of gas consumption on the bill.

To my horror I've looked back through the meter readings and the last time our meter reported a gas reading was the month after it was installed! It has submitted NOTHING since then according to the meter reading summary. I've not been chased for any meter readings as I would have been normally on conventional meters, so this problem has gone unnoticed. This needs sorting out and EOn cannot put their full faith into the reliability of these meters automatically sending readings. If an automatic reading is not acquired from a smart meter, then a notification should be sent to provide a manual reading

In addition I also noticed another thing to do with tariffs. Having a smart meter fitted seems to disqualify you from the cheaper fixed tariffs. The smart meter tariff I had been on had disappeared, and all of the other tariffs offered (which were all smart meter only), were considerably more expensive.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hi,

Just so you know, I'm a forum volunteer who doesn't work for any energy supplier. As a result, I don't have a way to access your account so I can't see what's happening. However, I can give you some advice that might help to solve this issue.

The first thing I'd like to ask, is please could you post some photos of your IHD and meters in your next reply for me? The advice I give varies depending on factors like this, and I like to make sure I'm getting it right first time. If you can do that for me, that would be great.

I'm not supplied by E.On or E.On Next myself, so I can't comment on your other points. But I can certainly try to help you with a quick meter diagnostic if that helps.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!