Economy 7 Night Rate

Level 78
    @theunknowntech
    hello I'm from west Midlands think my storage heaters are coming on late

What times are you seeing them come on and off? You're in MPAN Area ID 14 with Western Power Distribution (best DNO of them all!) and so your times should be 7am to midnight peak, midnight to 7am off-peak. However, there can sometimes be a random time offset programmed in (usually within 30 minutes or so), so that it spreads out the switching time to smooth things out on the National Grid. If literally every Economy 7 site switched over at precisely the same time every night, we'd have a national blackout every day!

If your switching times are offset like this, you'll still get the full seven hours as agreed and you'll still be charged correctly - especially if your meter is controlling the storage heaters - because almost all the usage from the controlled load would be within the off-peak hours. It's also worth noting that some Smart Meters do not adjust for BST/DST, so your hours might change by an hour in the summer.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    My new smart meter from Eon Next for electricity starts at 0036 until 0730. This is 6 minutes less a day. Or 42 minutes a week. Or 168 minutes a four week period. Or 1764 minutes for 12 months.
    Will Eon Next re-Imburse me my money.
    Level 78
    That sounds to me as if the six minutes difference is based on the random offset programmed into the meter. The idea of this is to prevent the National Grid blowing a bunch of fuses and causing tons of power cuts when literally tens of thousands of Economy 7 meters all suddenly flip the Night Rate on all at once, but the same is usually true in reverse - the offset will also be factored in for the shutdown time. You won't be out of pocket, as long as the meter is controlling the loads as well.

You won't be able to get reimbursed I'm afraid, as it's a safety feature.