Refund of Igloo Credit

Level 1
    Hi,

I have quite a significant amount of credit built up with Igloo, which has now been transferred over to my new Eon-Next account. I sent an email yesterday requesting a refund for some of the balance. When is it likley that I will receive that refund please - and can a refund request be refused?

Many thanks

Hetty
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hiya!

Generally, you should be able to request refunds on a self-service basis via the online account. It's usually faster than going in by email. Once approved though, it generally comes back to your bank account within 10 working days of approval, either via BACS, GBC or Faster Payments. Banks are pretty slow I'm afraid! You'll be able to recognise it on the bank statement pretty easily though.

Refunds can be refused though and are not guaranteed. The main reasons a request might be denied are things like:
    • You wouldn't have enough left in the account to cover at least one months payments after the requested refund amount is withdrawn
    • You're currently in debt to the supplier
    • Attempting a refund would put your account into a debit balance
    • You're switching away - you'll get all spare credit back anyway after the Final Bill is paid off, in the form of a Final Refund
    • You haven't submitted any meter readings for 28 days
    • Your account is under a billing suspension (usually due to technical issues)
    • You cancelled the direct debit while on a fixed rate tariff and haven't yet re-instated it

Those are pretty much all the reasons I can think of that most suppliers are likely to come up with. If your refund gets refused for any other reason, you'll probably want to flag it up and ask why.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Hey Hetty, Beki here! 👋

What theunknowntech has said is correct. Has your refund been sent to you now? If not, I can look into this further for you. Just pop me your account number/email and name on the account via PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you either way.
    Last edited by Beki; 01-02-22 at 14:24.