Other than on a smart meter is there anyway of seeing Month on Month usage data

Level 1
    On the E-On website before E-On Next you used to be able to get to a feature called E-on See which allowed you to see graphs of your energy consumption month on month. You can see it kind of on the smart meter but you can't look at say the last 12 months all on one screen. Does anyone know a way you can still do this?

Thanks
    Simon
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    As far as I'm aware, you're usually meant to be able to see this in your account regardless of which supplier you're with, but it doesn't usually come with you if you switch supplier - as you'll generally start afresh. However, the data does usually still exist on the meters themselves for up to 13 months. But if that isn't working, there are third party apps which can attempt to retrieve as much as possible. A few of the ones I know of include Hildebrand Bright, Loop and the Chameleon Integration with Samsung SmartThings.

They're not always perfect and you use them at your own risk of course, but they can sometimes get the data you're after even if other methods break.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 6
    @simon110883

That would be good to have, but definitely showing kW/h rather than just amounts billed and ideally going back to the start of being a customer. I can remember suggestion/requests for the former featuring a lot on Bulb's forum, but they were evidently always fobbed off with "That's a great idea, we'll see about doing it" and nothing more.

The point most-often raised was that kW/h figures supported the avowed objective of encouraging energy-conservation/efficiency in a way that charting 'spend' couldn't (given varying prices, that included the baseline standing charge for zero usage and changed by differing percentages for the various elements).

I think it would be nice if E.On Next made a point of being better than their erstwhile 'green' energy competitor on that score.