Possible fraudulent behaviour

Level 91
    @Lance

in the past we’ve been told that all advisors are trained equally to deal with all issues. This of course is obviously not true, but a common theme of cases raised on the forum is that advisors don’t listen to customers, don’t have enough knowledge and fail to refer difficult cases onto other with more experience. So while it seems personal it isn’t really.

I raise complaints often, I feel that it’s necessary to do so because otherwise companies would just not bother to improve. But it’s an uphill task.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 47
    Hi @Lance

Are you seeing both rates on your meter? If you are take meter readings for both Day and Night and compare them to what E.onnext have been using.
    Your IHD should also show the price per kWh for each rate when it's active.

If you can't see both rates then there's clearly a meter and/or account issue. For them to suggest that a weak signal is the cause is nonsense.

Bills can get a bit messy when charges are refunded and then re-billed but they can be followed if you take it in stages.

Customer Service standards have been dropping for years across many organisations, it's a widespread problem as they just read from screens and often lack knowledge and common sense. The battle is getting through to someone who does have what all the others should have.
    Level 59
    @Lance

I've been following your woes on this thread and here is my take on the details you provided.

My first comments relates to the closing reads situation supplied by yourself to Eon Next. At the changeover date the only thing you needed to do was provide manual reads within 5 days of the CoS (Change of Supplier) date. Many folk also supply the same reads to the losing supplier at the same time but that can lead to issues further on in the process. Although the speed of changing appears to be much faster, the basic process appears to have remained the same i.e. the gaining supplier (or rather its DC (Data Collector) handles the CoS meter readings which are then passed back to the losing supplier via the 'industry flows'. If anyone sees documentation that states that the losing supplier handles the CoS readings I'm more than happy to be corrected. If that CoS reading is not submitted within this 5-day window. then Eon Next's DC has to then 'deem' these closing reads and any reads falling outside this window are rejected. I'm not sure what happens in the case of smart meters, particularly in circumstances where pulling a meter read is not possible, but I would assume that the DC has to 'deem' these closing reads in the absence of smart meter reads @ CoS date. So my first question : When did you supply your opening reads to Eon Next? Within this window or outside it? If within this window, was it via the Eon Next portal/link or did you just email it? I know my first reading was in response to a specific link contained within an email if memory serves me.

OK let us assume you did send your opening meter reads within the changeover window of +/-5 days. So Eon Next's DC has to validate these meter reads and can either accept them as they are or reject them as they don't fall into line with 'historical' data. Quite how they do this is something that does not appear to be in the public domain but the point being that the readings must fall into line with where your meter readings are expected to be at the CoS. If they are not then the DC with provide Eon Next with a 'deemed' set of meter readings to use as for both the gaining and old supplier. In a sense than Eon Next's hands are tied by what their DC is telling them to use even though there is photographic evidence to suggest otherwise.

If the 'deemed' opening reads are less than 250kWh different than what they actually were than you have no recourse to challenge the decision of Eon Next (or rather Eon Next's DC). However if your reads are in excess of 250kWh then you can challenge your opening reads via Eon Next and should do so if you feel inclined.

Another issue that I'm sure you are aware of is that these changeover reads must be used by your old supplier, provided to them by their DC, as a basis for their final closing bill rather than reads that may have provided them with. You cannot be charged twice for the same amount of energy used. If the closing reads were provided by yourself to your old supplier you might see yourself being re-billed by them using the industry-agreed (Data Collector) CoS readings which may or may not be to your advantage. Of course another issue you may be having is that Eon Next have not detailed the correct MTDs (meter technical details) on your account as I found out during my first days with them some 3 years ago but I spotted it within days of my changeover and it was rectified very quickly leading to correct billing once changed. So do check these MTD's on your account.

I'd have to disagree with your assertion that Eon Next has been fraudulent in your situation, but you have been dealt a poor hand due to the system with how the unseen 'industry participants' deal with CoS.

Hope this may have been helpful 👍
    Last edited by Mailman; 1 Day Ago at 10:17.