Off Peak feed seems to always be on?

I recently moved into my mother's old flat she was renting out. Fully electric, it uses storage heaters and has separate off peak fuses in the fuse box. Fairly sure I have a smart meter. I've contacted EON Next about 4 times trying to get an answer. "We'll get back to you once we've heard from the Smart Meter test people". Each time I hear absolutely nothing back. Customer service seems to be polite, but ineffective.

Question: do I have electric that switches the whole house to Off Peak, or is that the meter is faulty and not switching my dedicated off peak feed off in the day and on during off peak times. I know it's on al;l day because both my storage heater and water tank can be turned on out of off peak hours, even though hooked into the off peak wiring/feed. Any help would be much appreciated. Ive supplied pictures on the meter and my fuse box.

Thanks
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @JayClarky

Being able to switch water or storage heaters on during peak times is often by design in order to boost the heating and hot water.

Most electric only hot water tanks have two immersion heaters - one that only runs when the off-peak is available, and the other that can be used anytime,

Many storage heaters also have this option.

We can't see your pictures, so I can't offer any more advice without seeing the setup.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 86
    @JayClarky
    If you want to check to see if have a smart meter and it's connected to the DCC you can do it through this Citizen Advice site.
    https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    As @retrotecchie says no photos visible in your thread 🤔.
    Level 80
    Somehow... That post was from a Guest user, which isn't supposed to be possible.

I'm afraid you might not get a response as Guest users don't have "proper" forum accounts.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!