E.ON Next Warm Home Discount 2024/2025

Level 21
    Hello Everyone! đź‘‹

The Warm Home Discount Scheme for 2024/25 is now open!

What is the Warm Home Discount (WHD)?

The Warm Home Discount scheme is here to help those who may be struggling to afford their energy bills due to increases in the colder winter months. It’s a one-off payment of £150 which is provided as a credit to assist with the cost of your energy bills.

The WHD is funded by participating energy suppliers to help our vulnerable customers keep warm without the worry of their energy bills during winter. Whoever your supplier is on 11 August 2024 will be responsible for your payments đź’ś

Who is eligible for the WHD scheme?

In England and Wales there are now two Core Groups.

Core Group 1:
    Those who are in receipt of the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit.

Find out more here Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit

Core Group 2: Those on certain means tested benefits and the highest heating costs.

The eligible benefits for Core Group 2 include:

• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
    • Income Support
    • Universal Credit
    • Housing Benefit
    • Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits

Find out more here Low Income in England and Wales

What do I need to do if I'm in Core group 1 or 2?

If you are eligible the government will contact you directly over the winter of 2024/25.

If you haven’t been contacted by the beginning of January 2025, but think you are eligible please check the government website here WHD Government Website

In Scotland there is the "Core Group" and the "Broader Group"

Core Group:You may qualify for the Warm Home Discount scheme automatically, and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will get in touch to let you know.

What do I do if I'm part of the Scotland Broader Group?

The Broader group can include those who are:

• In receipt of Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
    • Income Support
    • Universal Credit
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit Savings Credit
    • Child Tax Credit
    • Working Tax Credit if your household income falls below a certain threshold or if you have a low household income.

There are also other eligibility criteria such as:

• Parental responsibility for a child
    • Receiving a disability benefit
    • You are of pensionable age

If you live in Scotland and think that you're part of the Broader Group then you can apply online here Apply Online

How and when will I get the payment?

Credit and Smart Pay As You Go customers will receive a payment on their electricity account between October 2024 and March 2025. Credit customers will see the payment on their statements showing as 'Warm home discount - Core group' for ÂŁ150. SPAYG Customers accounts will be credited ÂŁ150 which will then be sent to the meter.

Traditional (Non-Smart) Prepayment Customers will be sent a Post Office top up voucher to redeem.

What happens if I move house or switch suppliers?

Core group: If you move home and we were your supplier on 11 August 2024, you'll still get the Warm Home Discount from us.

If you switch suppliers, it is still the responsibility of the company who supplied you on 11 August 2024 to provide the payment even if you switch suppliers.

If you have a final balance on the account after moving or switching, you can use the discount to assist in paying the balance. If there is no final balance, we can send you either a cheque or cash voucher which can be cashed at the Post Office.

Broader group: In the broader group, your WHD application is linked to the address and account number on the application, if you move house before receiving the WHD payment your application will be closed.

If you switch suppliers before receiving the WHD, you will need to contact your new supplier to check if you can apply through them. Applications will be unable to be transferred between suppliers.

How can I find out what benefits I receive?

To check your current benefits, you can contact the Pensions Service or Jobcentre Plus.

Want to check you’re not missing out on any benefits you could be entitled to? Complete a few questions here via the Inbest Benefits Calculator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valentina-locatelli-P8bsrm8KbM0-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	3889

Other support available:

If you need anything or have any feedback or questions, please let us know! 🌟

Last edited by HelenaP_EONNext; 9 Hours Ago at 13:54.
    🌲 “Nature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Need a little extra support when it comes to billing and payments? Check out the thread ✨ Changes to your E.ON Next payments, how can we help? ✨

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next ✨ Here ✨
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @HelenaP_EONNext

In England and Wales , customers in core group 2 ALSO have to live in a high energy cost home - getting the qualifying benefit at the right time is not the sole factor in determining eligibility, unlike core group 1. This is very important - otherwise people will be led to think that they are eligible when they're not.

And while the discount is paid by one's electricity supplier, the funding actually comes from all customers, whose standing charges have been increased to cover the cost.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.