Is six weeks "As soon as reasonably practicable" to check a SEG application form?

Level 5
    I've just applied for a SEG tariff, and I was disappointed to receive the following message at the end of the process:

Name:  sixweeks.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  44.0 KB
    Firstly, there's a startling contrast between "It can take up to 6 weeks" and "You'll be earning money from your exported energy in no time". They can't both be true!

Now, a cynic might suggest that because E.on don't backdate payments they stand to profit from taking as long as possible to process the form, because they are helping themselves to free electricity until then, but having checked the Ofgem rules, that can't possibly be the case because condition 57 of the Standard Conditions of Electricity Supply Licence says:

"5.1 As soon as reasonably practicable after receiving a request for SEG Payments, the SEG Licensee shall take all reasonable steps to provide a SEG Generator with written confirmation of the Export Tariff determined by the SEG Licensee in respect of that SEG Generator." (source - page 557)

So my question is, how soon is it reasonably practicable to expect a company with a multi-billion pound turnover to read a short application form?
    Last edited by AndrewR; 1 Hour Ago at 21:43.
  • 0 Replies