Switching to Next Drive

Level 1
    After a very traumatic experience at British Gas I have moved to EON.

Reading the threads on the Community....... I really don't feel any Better....

Someone please explain to me, I joined EON Next to use Drive, as we know we need to go on to a Variable Tariff before we are switched to Next Drive.

Well that didn't happen and I had to call EON, so on the web portal not that app it says switching..... thanks to the help from the call center. They took a smart meter reading while I was on the phone. Perfect I can switch.

So 8 days have passed Web Page says Variable Tarif still and switching. Can take 14 days but no upper limit given. I was told....

Called again I was told don't worry I understand that an EV uses stagging amount of electric and you will run up a big bill really quickly.

While you are switching will "can" back date the bills to the date the switch started.

Is this true? can and will eon do this, Drive is TOU Tariff and needs 2 Rates in the meter, I can read the meter and there is not 2 rates in my meter.

So back to the Question

I have a Solar PV and Battery system + EV, all my energy is used 12:00 to 7am when the car charges and the battery charges.

Will the bill really be back dated. I have been walking to work and sitting the dark.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Back Dated really!
  • 1 Reply

Level 33
    ...Drive is TOU Tariff and needs 2 Rates in the meter, I can read the meter and there is not 2 rates in my meter.
    @Gunnie47 - Sorry to hear your problems. I can only comment on my experience, but I moved from BG to E.On to get onto the EV tariff last year. Did it all via email, and was initially put on a variable tariff while they prepared my quotation which I accepted, and was put on to the drive tariff within couple of days.

I'm aware that there are some drive tariffs which are called Drive 2R which apparently do use a two rate meter (if you were already on economy 7 - E7 - I think)

However if you're not on the 2R tariff don't worry - E.On take your ½ hourly readings from the meter to calculate your usage for billing. The rate shown on the meter is purely to display your approximate usage costs on your IHD, and is irrelevant in terms of the way they calculate your bills

My meter's only a single rate display so I just ignore the IHD costs 👍