Kaifa MA120B Smets 2 smart meter & SmartView2 display. Unable to read Dual rate?!

Level 1
    I have the above mention meter and display combination, but it seems there is no way to read the high and low rate meter reading for my EV tariff.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible?

If it is not possible...... WHY?

Surly when they design these things they think about the end user, on no silly me clearly not :-(

So currently i have the bottom part of the display displaying umm thin air! As we have no gas supply here, could i suggest Eon put it on there "to Do" list to perhaps change the blank display so it reads the low rate of my meter?

So at present the only way to find out how much juice i have used is to traipse out to the meter box and read it manually just like the bad old days, so much for having a "SMART" meter!

Then there is the range, another oh dear, it has to go on the windowsill above the meter point (2m away as the crow flies) as i cant get it any further without it cutting off. How can you then use it to measure all your appliances load like they show u in the glossy sales adds?

Not really a good start Eon 5/10 see teacher for further work will need to be undertaken ;-)

Look forward to all your replies :-)

Cheers
    Stuboy
  • 2 Replies

Level 85
    Afternoon @Stuboy You are not alone. Most use the Hildebrand Bright app. There are quite a few threads on the forum.

Here's a couple:

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post36944

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post53635
    Level 46
    I'm afraid there isn't that much benefit for the end user @Stuboy. As per usual it's a system that's cost billions but fails to deliver in the way that it should. I'm on E7 and my IHD only shows the total kWh, so like you it's out into the cold/wet every month to get either the Day or Night reading.

Your best (!) option would be to switch to a Time Of Use tariff so you only have one reading, but as @WizzyWigg has said you'll need a third party app to get into the detail even then. That in itself is annoying that you need to use a third party app to get any detailed usage.

I can see that you're finding this disappointing, but that's nothing compared to having a smart water meter with Severn Trent. There aren't even enough profanities to describe this particular piece of kit and it's management (lack of).