Eon electric readings don't match my actual meter

Level 3
    @meldrewreborn thank you for your reply. I would appreciate if you could tell me if I am reading the meter correctly and if not please tell me how. I have included two photos of what my meter shows when I click through and I have been using the larger figure which says total to work out the usage. It doesn't show a second rate on the meter.
    Name:  1727453221597.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  28.9 KBName:  1727453221585.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  28.8 KB

The 884 usage for daytime use is worked out from my readings, Eon readings said I had used 2283.2. We are a 2 person 2 bed house.
    Level 32
    Originally Posted by ;53539
    CharlotteEv When I press the button it does go to rate 1 figure and then back to the original doesn't seem to show the 2nd rate ...
    @CharlotteEv
    I've also got the Landis+Gyr E470 meter which only shows one tariff rate - the rate on the meter isn't used for billing purposes, just for information in calculating the approximate costs shown on the IHD (which you say you don't have)

On the Drive tariff they don't use the total kWh reading from the meter, but use the ½hourly usage totals to work out your Time of Use (TOU) costs.

So as I recommended earlier you can download these totals via Bright/glowmarkt.com directly from your meter to calculate your true usage costs.
    Level 59
    @CharlotteEv

I've had another look at what you posted originally.

When you say 'I have checked my actual readings' (for both the March 17th and Sept 20th reads) where did you get these numbers from? Did you record them yourself or did you lift them from one or more Eon Next statements? And, if you lifted them from Eon Next statements were they shown as being 'Smart Meter Reads'. I would have thought these reads should be replicated within your Eon Next account (again showing as Smart Meter Readings). Screenshots with personal information redacted would be very helpful.

The difference between what your app states and what Eon Next say you have used in their billing is of course quite different and naturally concerning. Do you have accurate data on how many miles/km you have driven using your EV car since you started charging it at home? What is your approximate number of miles you drive each week? I assume the capacity of your EV battery 61kWh? I assume you charge your EV via a dedicated 7kW wall box charger or, do you use a 'Granny Charger' - plugged into a mains socket rather than the dedicated wall box? ATM it is difficult to comment further as to how reasonable these charges are likely to be as you might be charging your car every other day or just once a week.

At second glance something is not right as there appears to be such a difference in what you say you have used since March 17th (3314kWh) and what Eon Next state you have used (6712kWh). However without knowing the detailed workings of the bills and the detailed meter readings it is difficult for many of us to comment further in this forum as most of us are customers like yourself (but with no access to your account). I'm sorry you've not had a clear explanation from Eon Next CS who do have this information. 🤔

EDIT: Now seen your postings and subsequent comments re the meters. Maybe the way forward in this thread is to post redacted billing if you can. 👍
    Last edited by Mailman; 1 Hour Ago at 10:17. Reason: Additional comments
    Level 3
    @geoffers thanks for clarifying this. That's correct we don't have an IHD we didn't even know we had a smart meter until we got the EV, before that we submitted are own readings.

Is there anyway that the Bright app can be wrong because for example one of the days we charged the car the Bright app is saying we used 78.15kwh between midnight and 5am. The car is 61kwh for a full charge and the car charging app shows we used 38.6kwh (we took a manual meter reading at midnight then again the morning and this matched what the car app said) it wasn't a full charge so it makes sense and we didn't use 39 extra units over night. They had me to do load tests on the meter to see if anything was spiking it but nothing seemed abnormal to me. Before we got the EV we were paying £75 a month for Gas and Electric, when we got the EV we increased are payments to £150 as we worked out the costs for charging the car (61kwh times the night rate 8ppkwh = £4.88)and it should cover it easily but with there figures it is massively more and it just doesn't make sense. I am going out of my mind with it all and tempted to just get rid of the EV but I don't even know if that would solve it as their day readings seem much higher as well.
    Level 3
    @Mailman I got these from the actual meter. The smart meter readings on the statements are what I am querying as they seem massively off.

I know exactly how much we have used to charge the car since we got it as I can pull this from the charging app. Eon Next say we have used 4429.1kWh on the night rate and our car charging app shows we used a total of 2430kwh on the car charging since 11th March to 20th Sept. I don't know where they are getting all the extra usage from.
    Level 91
    @CharlotteEv

Its easy enough to check whether rate one is daytime or nightime (there's no consistency) by observing when it increments. The total of course should increment 24/7.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.