Eon electric readings don't match my actual meter

Level 91
    @geoffers I fully agree that the vast majority of the systems (meters?) work as intended. But can TOU tariffs work for all with 10+ % of meters being dumb?

I suppose I could take some comfort that TOU tariffs would force suppliers to ensure that more customers have fully functioning systems, but suppliers should be doing more now, and not needing TOU imperatives to drive them.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 33
    @geoffers I fully agree that the vast majority of the systems (meters?) work as intended. But can TOU tariffs work for all with 10+ % of meters being dumb?

I suppose I could take some comfort that TOU tariffs would force suppliers to ensure that more customers have fully functioning systems, but suppliers should be doing more now, and not needing TOU imperatives to drive them.
    Yep: Afraid that if you haven't got a working smart meter you're stuffed 🫤

I'm a bit worried when 3G goes by the end of next year, but at least the system is designed/should (🤞) fall back to 2G giving another 9 years to roll out the new 4G Comms hubs

Hopefully already being on a TOU might give me more clout 🤞🤓
    Last edited by geoffers; 2 Hours Ago at 12:09.
    Level 92
    @geoffers

Smart metering actually uses 2.5G and relies on features that are not completely compatible with 'fallback 2G'. Since they turned 3G off in November 2022 round here, there's not a single smart meter working anywhere in this or the surrounding villages.

My 2G phone no longer works properly on the 'fallback 2G' in the area. I can make an emergency call if need be, but SMS, MMS and WAP certainly no longer work.

The 4/5G contract for smart communications was signed over a year ago with Vodafone so there is no reason why 4/5G comms hubs can't be used right away.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 31 Minutes Ago at 13:42.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.