No gas readings on statements

Level 48
    @meldrewreborn

That would be a very interesting report. The DCC should definitely be accountable when it comes to comms issues, and in a perfect world they would be, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Almost four million smart meters in Great Britain are not working properly.

According to the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (Desnez), 2.7 million were not operating in smart mode as of June 2023. It has since revised this figure to 4.31 million, citing reporting errors from a minority of suppliers.

At the end of 2023, 3.98 million were faulty.

Energy UK, the trade association for the energy industry, says suppliers must replace broken meters.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 46
    @Mailman My readings have always been taken on the 28th of each month (27th for February) and it's the first time they've missed one apart from when they're waiting for the calorific value. They still haven't pulled one for gas but I did submit a manual read on the 29th and have received a bill as a result, so would me submitting a manual read stop them from pulling a reading themselves - I don't know.

What I find odd is that being a dual fuel customer, if there's a problem pulling a reading, I'd expect there to be mention of it on the bill or on my account, not just get a bill for one fuel as if you are a single fuel customer.

The gas meter is still working normally so I'm thinking my lack of an August gas reading may be more down to a glitch at e.onnext rather than the DCC, I'm guessing but that's where my finger of blame is pointing.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

The point here is how the customer can identify whether their meter is malfunctioning, or whether it’s a communications problem. The only point of contact is the energy supplier, and if resolution lies with the DCC then the issue disappears into something akin to a black hole, with little meaningful information provided back to the customer. If the only response the energy supplier can invoke is to replace the meters and 94% of them are then found to be fault free, any objective person can see that something is seriously wrong with the system. And its customers who pay for this gross inefficiency and idiocy, but have no means of escaping the asylum.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.