Replacement PV system after full roof repair

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    My current system is 20 x 285W panels (5.7KW but inverter capped at 5KW). It is 9-10 years old so starting to show it's age.
    Unfortunately I need a full roof repair (front and back) so the whole system needs to be removed temporarily.
    I would like to replace it with a slight upgrade in size - 14 x 455w panels as they will be more efficient going forward - so system would be 6.37Kw - inverter would still be capped at 5Kw.
    Trying to get an answer about my FIT payments going forward - that the payments would be prorated...so I still receive the 5.7 portion out of the total 6.37. Hey I would be even more eco-friendly going forward and giving more energy back into the grid (I already send about 3/4 back!)

Hope someone at Eon Next can confirm this would happen
    Thank you so much
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    @piggles73 Hey

Great to hear from you, so the rules in terms of upgrades in this case could void your FIT Agreement.

You're allowed to replace like for like, so as long as the upgrades do not increase your Total Installed Capacity (TIC) or the Declared Net Capacity (DNC) you can have those replaced.

I always advise this replacements need to be like for like - Equipment in 2024 is alot more efficient than it was when you had your original install.

Have you spoken to the FIT Team at all?

Thanks

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 1
    Yes...that was the first answer, but then I have spoken to various Eon next FIT team and keep getting conflicted answers...Liam sent me the Ofgem consultation
    and have attached screenshots of the text...so I am disappointed that Eon next cannot confirm what has been put into a consultation
    Attached Images Attached Images