Eon would not install inverter in loft.

Level 1
    Hi all, I had a quote for 7 panels in May 24 from EON (no battery), went through the process right until the surveyor arrived. When he got there he told me the inverter could not be installed in the loft & had to go on the outside of the house next to the meters.
    I have no garage it has been converted & I could not het having it on the outside wall past the Mrs.

Has anyone had an install recently with an inverter located in the loft?

I ask as the surveyor I met thought this ruling would not last, so wondering if it has been scrapped in the past couple of months.

Thank you
    Howard
  • 2 Replies

Community Team
    @howardb Hey,

It's great to hear from you. Did they mention why it could not go in the loft? Fire hazard? Anything at all?

Funny you mention this, my neighbor has their inverter on the side of the house, like loft level mounted to the side of the house.

Have you contacted Eon Solar since the visit?

Thanks
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 1
    @Lee_EONNext
    Hi Lee, I have a hipped roof so no gable but before he even looked in the loft he mentioned it was no longer something EON did.
    I have not been back in touch no, just thought I would see if anyone has had one fitted in the loft recently.
    I think they must be thinking of fire hazard & being cautious, I certainly would not want batteries up there.
    Where they wanted to put the inverter is somewhere we walk past daily & they don't look great, although yes on the outside is less of a fire risk.