The Harvest Season!

Level 18

The Harvest Season! 🍓

Hello Everyone 👋,

This year we have seen some lovely warm weather throughout the UK!

In the UK, the harvesting season is usually seen in July to as late as October. I thought this would be a wonderful time for anyone with a passion in gardening to share their thoughts! 🍅

• What have you planted this year?
    • What variation of plants do you currently have in your garden?
    • Have you harvested any plants? What were you able to harvest this year?
    • Are you planning on or preparing to plant anything new for autumn or next year?
    • Do you have any great gardening tips?
    • Which is your favourite plant in your garden?

This year I have seen a nice harvest of some Greengages, Raspberries and Lavender! ✨

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2371_jpg.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	3737

Are you working towards your contribution to a
    Sustainable Future? Do you have any pollinator-friendly flowers? 🪻

My favourite plant in the garden, and one that has bloomed very suddenly! Is my White Roses 🌹

Name:	IMG_2385.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	3738

I am also very much looking forward to the 2024 Harvest Moon which should take place on September 18th 2024 and preparing for my favourite time of year, Autumn! 🍂

Name:	kym-mackinnon-5Nphec3Yf9Y-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	3739

I would love to see and hear about all of your harvests this year and your wonderful gardening tips!

I think my next challenge will be a pumpkin patch 👀 🎃

Last edited by HelenaP_EONNext; 9 Hours Ago at 12:30.
    🌲 “Nature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Need a little extra support when it comes to billing and payments? Check out the thread Changes to your E.ON Next payments, how can we help?

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next ✨ Here
  • 4 Replies

Level 47
    @HelenaP_EONNext

I've planted potatoes, blueberries, and both an orange and a lemon plant that I've managed to grow from pips. The orange and lemon are in pots and will have to come indoors once the frosts are forecast.

I have quite a variety of plants in my garden: Roses; fuchsias; a blue iris; two Acers; conifers; hydrangeas; lavender; various bedding plants; a small apple tree; two holly bushes; my potatoes and blueberries; and two rowan trees that I've grown from berries.

I've harvested my potatoes and got quite a good crop, but there are no berries on the blueberries yet, and the jackdaws raided the apples just as they were forming nicely.

I'll be planting some spring bulbs such as daffodils and snowdrops fairly soon.

Tips; Keep everything well watered and feed plants regularly with plant food, and spray roses with something like Roseclear to keep them free of bugs and diseases.

My favourite plants are my roses, I planted some of them in honour of family and loved ones, and also in memory of lost loved ones. I even have a Freddie Mercury one, in memory of my favourite singer. Here's a picture of 'Freddie':

Name:  my_freddy_mercury_rose_beautiful-4576reference.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  69.7 KB

Have a lovely evening.😃
    Level 18
    @Tommysgirl

Ooo blueberries sound great! We did once find that some potatoes had grown in our garden by accident due to the compost pile! 😅 Oranges and lemons will also certainly be lovely, I did have a small orange and lemon tree but my dog as a puppy ate the whole tree and left just the stubs! 😂

It sounds like you have quite the variety of plants! I love to see a garden full of life 😊

I will have to look into Roseclear as I have not heard of this! I am very new to my garden starting to flourish

The roses look beautiful, I love the colour! 🏵 and such a lovely sentiment!

What a great name also, I recently watched a tribute act to Queen and they were quite good, the singer certainly had some pipes!
    Last edited by HelenaP_EONNext; 2 Hours Ago at 20:18.
    Level 91
    We’ve had a great crop of apples this year. Ours is called James Grieve - a cross between a cooked and an eating apple - so they’re a bit larger than normal eating apples. They’re very crisp when first picked but lose that after 4-5 days. We freeze surplus as cooked apple, or pies.

the tree is probably over 40 years old now.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 47
    @HelenaP_EONNext

It'll take two to three years before the orange and lemon produce any fruit from what I've read, buy I'm glad that they've actually germinated and grown from pips. Amazon and most garden centres sell Roseclear, and the major supermarkets do in Spring and early Summer. My grandad and dad used to spray their roses with soapy water using washing up liquid. That was the traditional old-fashioned way of caring for roses, and it might work just as well as the more expensive sprays like Roseclear. 🌹

I've seen clips on Youtube of Sam Ryder singing Queen songs, and he's pretty good, and there's a less well known man, Rob Lea who sings in a Queen tribute band called 'Majesty', who's good too.