Hey Community

I hope everyone is well? 😀

I have had a few questions about the direct debit clearing process. The link to one of the threads is,

https://community.eonnext.com/threads/8900-Why-hasn-t-my-direct-debt-been-applied-to-my-account/page3?p=52620#post52620

So after a bit of a conversation with @Mailman I thought, let me ask the Team who usually deals with this.

We can get some information out for our wonderful Members & Customers, especially with the bank holiday fast approaching as this is where we could see some increased demand.

As always, we pride ourselves on providing accurate information to help as many people as possible via the Community

On to Direct Debits....

All Direct Debits are covered under the Direct Debit guarantee, this is usually sent to you when a DD is set up. You can view this online via the below link,

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/direct-debit-guarantee/

We lodge for a Direct Debit in some cases up to 10 days before. When I speak to a customer who is looking to change their Direct Debit, I will always check if anything is pending and then advise accordingly. If the payment has been requested then we wouldn't be able to amend that pending/lodged for payment.

Once a Direct Debit leaves your Bank Account, it takes 3 business days to clear in our accounts.

Weekends and Bank Holidays essentially will delay how long it takes for us to process these payments by adding an additional 2-3 days potentially.

For example, this weekend coming - August Bank Holiday.

Friday the 23rd of August, we take your Direct Debit on this date - This would clear on or around Thursday the 29th of August. This is because of the weekend and Monday the 26th being a bank holiday.

We all love a bank holiday dont we 😎 - Unless you work them like me 🤣

Once the payments are cleared, they should then be on the system within a day or two. If the payment wasn't showing on the system after this time period, try not to worry. You can get in touch with us and we will look into this further.

I wouldn't expect a late payment fee to be added to an account in this situation.

I will continue my discussion with the Team/Finance and keep everyone up to date. if anything was to change.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, lets have a discussion below 😁
Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
here!
📣