Credit Complaint

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Sent: 14 August 2024 15:27
    To:
    Subject: My Refusal to make Prepayment Electric Meter Top-up

Dear EonNext Colleagues -

My Refusal to make Prepayment Electric Meter Top-up

Further to my 39-minute call with at 10.57 on 05/08/24 (including an UNACCEPTABLE 15-minute wait to get through to her) she confirmed that according to my account log I had previously rung about this matter on 11/09/23, when I spoke to a young male.

On that previous call, I explained that of the £400.00 credit vouchers issued to me under the then Govt's. energy poverty/bill reduction scheme, I had only been able to use one for £100.00 at my local post office.

That was because, as a then 69-year-old variously vulnerable pensioner living alone, I had suffered two, violent, aggravated robbery assaults directly outside my home, both GMP-logged, on 06/01/23 and 03/06/23. I explained that the first made me agoraphobic and extremely reluctant to leave the safety of my home. The second, when I was making the extreme effort to go and use the three remaining vouchers at my local Post Office, resulted in a spinal injury that left me temporarily paralysed such that I was rushed to hospital on a fully-strapped spinal board by 999 ambulance. Since then I have been very slowly recovering some mobility but still suffering extreme pain and consequent sleep deprivation.

On that call, which the young man handled very well (as did on my latest call) he took the time to consult with his manager before explaining that, because the scheme had ended, the voucher could not be re-issued. However, he assured me that he would ensure the matter was escalated to find a way to credit my account in the particular exceptional circumstances and that I would receive an explanatory letter confirming such arrangement.

I have heard nothing since and because my late mother living next door at has died I have moved into that bungalow property which, as it was for her, is better-suited to my needs with all facilities on the ground floor.

I still retain the house at containing most of my belongings but am not using any electricity there. (The gas supply was terminated some years ago). Consequently, I have been accruing the daily charge, which now stands at £296.00.

Once it hits £310.00, I will start topping up again but am not willing to pay that £300.00 outstanding and will vigorously defend my position as best I can if you choose to pursue me legally over it, which will cause me further financial hardship and severe stress. I am instead requesting that somebody senior takes an executive decision to still find that promised way to credit me, or simply to write it off given the Company's failure to communicate with me properly on this matter.

I look forward to receiving your duly considered reply confirming that you will honour the promise made to me last year.

Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 1 Hour Ago at 20:06. Reason: Post Edit by Staff - Community Values.
  • 2 Replies

Level 17
    @SunnyKC Welcome to the Community! I am very sorry to hear of the experiences you have received and I have sent you a DM to discuss this issue further!
    🌲 “Nature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Need a little extra support when it comes to billing and payments? Check out the thread Changes to your E.ON Next payments, how can we help?

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next ✨ Here
    Level 91
    @SunnyKC

Just a point of clarification, as far as I recall, the vouchers were for £67 or £66 for 6 months making £400 in total. It seems unlikely that one voucher was for £100, so you might want to double check your records which might affect the amount you are seeking. Apologies in advance if your scheme was not the one I’m thinking of.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.