Am I required to have a smart meter ? The definitive answer (I hope)

Level 91
    @Lee_EONNext

i read of research that showed over 94% of exchanged smart meter were actually fully functional when tested. These meters though are junked and the energy supplier has to pay up the balance of the rental to the meter supply company, which can be a couple of hundred pounds. Comms failures are The most likely cause of smart meter issues, and that is a DCC issue. Customers don’t have any access to DCC, and there is a distinct lack of public accountability there.

I’m certain that DCC would say that they don’t install the comms hubs (although they do supply them) but the security layers applied by DCC contribute to an overly complex system, designed to facilitate later add on services in and out of the home which have not got off the ground. In the meantime the system is way behind schedule and imposing significant costs to every electricity user through standing charges, whether that have smart meters or not.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    @meldrewreborn Thanks for this, is good to see in terms of a %

I guess it's just from my own personal view we're if we did lose comms then how many SEG people would this affect and is that error with us or somewhere down the line of communications systems and software?

Ive had confirmed that without an Export Mpan we're unable to read them anyway, so at the application point we do need that photo.

Appreciate the response @meldrewreborn
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣